| 30 |

A/N: OKAY! I'm so excited for this chapter so I had to put a note at the top! Can't wait to read all your comments and thoughts. LOVE YOU! 

------ 

  WHEN Draco arrived at the scene, Aurors were flooding the scene. Members of the Ministry surrounded the hospital. He could hear people barking orders and the tension was surreal.

  The color drained from his face when he saw white body bags lined up on the ground.

  He counted 15 of them and swallowed hard. He didn't want to go there just yet.

  He looked around hoping to find his trainee healer with dark hair tied up in her usual bun. But all he found was frantic family members shouting, begging to enter the building, or what's left of it. There smoke coming out from the roof, shattered glass littered the ground. Chunks of the hospital wall were ripped.

  Oh God, please be alive.

  He watched as people came running in and out of the broken building. A lady came out missing his right eye clutching a patient who was limp in her arms.

  Draco made his way to a nearby tree at the corner and he emptied the contents of his stomach. His head was spinning in a million directions.

  You have taken every ounce of happiness in my life. Let me have this. Please, let me have her.

  He tried to barge in. He pushed and thrashed at the guards at the entrance but he was too weak. His heart was racing like he was on a rollercoaster. The thought of her dead... now he knew what she was feeling when he went to the raid.

  He finally had a glimpse of hope when he saw Flick carrying a wounded lady out. The lady was greeted by her husband and they resulted in a blubbering mess on the ground. Flick himself was injured. Draco could see blood dripping from somewhere in his arm and his wife was crying loudly cradling his body. He pushed forward and knelt down to their level, grabbing Flick's shoulders forcing him to look his way.

  "Where is she?" He asked him, "Is she out? Where is she??"

  "What?..." Flick answered clearly in a state of confusion.

  "Where is Ariendra, Flick?!" He needed to know.

  "Oh God." Flick's face paled when he finally understood what Draco was talking about. "She's still inside! She told me to get out first because she was still fighting Lucius Malfoy. I tried but I can't. She told me to get the patient's out-"

  "AND YOU LEFT HER IN THERE?" Draco screamed. He couldn't breathe, she was still in there fighting for her life against his father. Flick's wife tried to push Draco away but she was too weak, crying hard. Draco let him go and stood up, putting his hands on his knees, forcing his lungs to take a breath so he wouldn't pass out.

  "She told me to.. You don't know what it's like there, Malfoy. She wanted to save her patients, trust me I would stay if I could. The floor crumbled, I couldn't walk and the exit was covered the last time I saw before..."

  Draco tuned out the rest.

  He couldn't hear the torture anymore.

------

  Catherine blinked slowly. The back of her head burned. How long was she unconscious?

  She hastily searched for her wand, grabbing it from her back pocket. She tried to stand when she felt a wand pushed towards the side of her neck.