| 39 |

DRACO
couldn't feel his right arm. Beams of sunlight illuminated his face, he squinted his eyes, opening them slowly. He realised the blanket was off him but somehow his body felt warm.

  Catherine's back was pressed against his bare chest. His right arm was right under her, acting as a makeshift pillow. Apparently she hogged the sheets because she was like a cozy little cocoon.

  Draco pushed some of her hair away, slowly stroking her head. He hated waking her up, but she wouldn't want to be late again. So he woke her up in the best way possible.

  He nuzzled his head in the crook of her neck, kissing it slightly. He slowly pushed the strap of her silk tank top down her shoulders, his mouth moving to place kisses on her shoulder then back up to her ear.

  "Good morning, love." He whispered gently, the huskiness in his tone still present.

  Catherine's eyebrow scrunched up, refusing to wake up. She grabbed Draco's left hand that was starting to move against her hips.

  "Shut up and let me sleep." She mumbled. She placed his hand across her abdomen so Draco had no choice but to pull her tighter into a hug. 

  "It's 8 a.m." Draco muttered again in her ear. That will do the trick. In an instant Catherine shot up the bed like the sheets turned to lava. Draco chuckled, keeping her in a vice grip.

  "Let me go then! Why didn't you wake me up earlier?!!"

  "I'm kidding, it's 5 a.m but you said you had pre-rounds and I have to go to the Ministry."

  Catherine went to grab her pillow and smacked it hard right across his face. "You little twat!"

  Yeah, she was not really a morning person.

  He grabbed the pillow with one hand and threw it onto the floor, before flipping them so that he was pinning her to the bed. His body hovering on top of hers. That ought to shut her up.

  "Good morning." She told him. She tried to lean forward and kiss him but he pushed further away, teasing her. Her lips turned to a pout, Draco couldn't help but grin.

  "Now you're acting all cute."

  It was the third time Draco slept over at her place. He still wasn't used to it. That he gets to wake up next to her grumpy face every morning. Their buddies cuddled together begging to get closer. Sleeping alone was now far too lonely.

  "I'm not cute, especially in the mornings."

  "Yeah, more like a hungry snarky chimera."

  "I am not!" Catherine tried her best to wriggle out of his hold but Draco's hold was too strong. He leaned down to place a kiss on her cheek.

  "At least you're my chimera." He starts to nibble on her ear moving down kissing gently along her jaw. On instinct Catherine angled her head to make it easier for him to assault her neck. One hand firmly on her hips, his thumb touching the bare skin between her top and her shorts.

  "What time is the meeting today at the Ministry?" She asked him. The one thing he learned about her was that her anxiety was through the rough, but that made her an excellent communicator. She always made sure he knew what she meant, or repeated certain things twice, which he found to be really adorable. Draco was not used to telling others about his plans or when he'll be back. He found it rather intriguing that someone could care so much about his well being in general.

  "9." He can't really focus because her hands slide across his chest and go to his back, slowly pressing him closer.

  "Good." She sighed loudly, trying her best to keep her composure, "then you have time to give Smalls a walk."