#1

ELIZA'S POV
ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

There is nothing like contemporary dancing. The feeling of your legs swiftly moving through the floor,you don't need uncomfortable ballet shoes to glide either. You're dancing with so much emotions,you're dancing according to lyrics and rhythm. The feeling..its not something I could explain without being thrilled.

The couples on the dance show seemed very into each other. The way the guy held his girlfriend's waist as she did a spin was remarkable. The look in each other's eyes,the touches. That was contemporary dancing at its peak.

I tilted my phone so I could watch in full screen. It was over and the judges are about to give their remarks. I sniffed,of course I cried a bit. It was so touching. There's no way they won't get three yes's.

"Hey,hey."

I shoved off the tapping finger on my shoulder. "Not now."

"Eliza"

"Gosh!" If anger was a crime,I should have been handcuffed by now. It was Kendall. My so called seat partner and closest friend since I attended this high school.

She pulled the chair beside me and sat down. "School was over few minutes ago. You're still here."

"I didn't notice Kendy,thanks." I replied emotionlessly. "Any more IMPORTANT Thing I need to know?."

"Ungrateful much?."

I was distracted,pulled back to my phone screen when the shouts of screams filled the area. They got three yes's. They did it!. They're in for the competition! A wide grin spread across my face.

"I should have known you were watching that."

I stood up and wore my bag. "Yeah?,like you don't get thrilled anytime you see Mike Hanhi play the piano."

I started walking but she runs up to me to match my pace. "First of all, Its Mike Ani and I don't get thrilled."

"Uh-huh.." I dragged.

"Maybe some smiling that's all."

"Oh really..?"

"Oh you know me.." She gave up. "By the way,you seem you've got a thing for this contemporary dancing. Why don't you start learning again,like..partnering?."

"I'm okay with solo. I guess."

"You used to love duets. Especially with David."

"What David?."

Kendy moves to me and raised a brow. "You want to tell me you've forgotten David Dobree,your..one in all,your best friend for life,your sun,your..."

"Enough!." I did that dramatic thing. Kendall laughed. "I know David."

"You still miss him?."

"Yeah,but he's gone. And he's not coming back."

Kendy didn't speak again. Sure she understood that was my way of saying that I didn't want to talk about him.

David Dobree.

He was my partner..in everything. All the dances. We barely just started contemporary when he left New Jersey. When I got enrolled into the dance academy,he got enrolled too. I was asked,solo or duet for ballet and so was he,we ended up being partners and we got so along with each other. From dancing,David got his dad to transfer him to my school,we had get together's ,sleepovers and we had so much fun.
After ballet,we were going for hip hop,we decided to partner all the way.

Although he was 2 years older than me,he was still very fine to hang out with. We spent four years together and he's been gone for 9. Sad story right?. Besides,Kendall here goes to the same academy with me only that the music academy had a collaboration with the dance academy. This happened 3 years after David left and that's when I met Kendall,aka the girl behind the piano. Kendall took all the lessons. Violin,Sax,Guitar,Harps,harmonica,flute,bass and piano. But she loves the piano better. I'd say so much.