#22

KENDALL'S POV
ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ
Stupid,stupid,stupid!.

I was stupid!. God!,what exactly was I thinking when I said all those mean things to him some time ago?.

He's never eaten cake since he was 3 because of some false accusations and his mother died giving birth to him!.

Died!.

I'm so horrible!. How could I have been so mean to him?.

"Kendall.."

It was his voice and I just paused. Everything in me paused. My thoughts,my body,my soul.

"Are you okay?." He asked.

"Yeah,yeah.." I tried to shove off my guilt. "I'm fine."

"Don't lie to me." It was a whisper but I could still hear because he was behind me. "Tell me now."

"I hate you." That came out wrong. But I turned to him. "I hate that you suffered on your own. And all this time.." I was breaking down. "I've been nothing but a total b**ch to you?!. I am so sorry Max. I really am!."

He held me by my shoulders. "I get that but you don't have to be."

"I can't look at you."I tore my gaze from his but still stood because he was holding my shoulders. "I owe you so much. You've help me so much. And then;your dad.."

"He'll be fine." He said pulling me close to him. "You don't owe me anything."

"I owe you everything Max!." I jumped out of his shoulders. The sudden breeze pierced my eyes and my tears started to flow. I quickly wiped it off and sniffed. "And I'll repay you someday."

"Okay.." He nodded. "Okay,just do what you can but please don't cry."

I turned towards the sea. "I'm so sorry I didn't know."

"No one knew."

"Hun.."

I let my guards down when I heard him call me that.

"I'll pay you back." Was what I said before I walked away from him. He was right that no one knew but I should have been a bit more polite.

ㅍㅍㅍㅍㅍㅍㅍㅍ
DAVID'S POV
ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

I stood from a corner when I watched Rosie try to do an arabesque but she failed. Her arm wasn't even in the slightest way near straight. She grunted and grabbed her hair as she sat on the mat.

After the celebration,Rosie had come back here to rehearse. She didn't want anyone following her but I did. She doesn't know but I did. She didn't look too well when talking about it and she doesn't look well now.

She sighed and stalled for some time like she was having a hard time making a decision.

Then she slowly stood up and moved to her bag. She took out a small kit and opened it up in her hands. She looked around her,made sure no one was watching.

But I was.

She pulled out a syringe and swallowed as she settled herself breathing hard.

Then she inserted it into her arm and pressured the end of the syringe. When she was done,she cleaned up and held her arm for a little longer.

She went back to the music box and turned the volume a bit louder now. She started raising her feet,then breathed before she raised her arm. She smiled.

Up straight.

She couldn't even put them sideways straight at first but now she was holding them above her head.