chapter 2

i woke up the next day at like 1 in the afternoon. it's the last day of summer. which is sad but it's not like i had a good summer anyways.

i rubbed my eyes and got up to brush my teeth.
after i finished brushing my teeth i went to my closet. i still haven't figured out what i want to wear tomorrow. after looking for 5 minutes i got bored and laid in my bed. that's all i do.

i heard the front door shut and emma said bye.
probably just nate leaving.

emma made her way into my room and laid with me in my bed
"you excited to be a sophomore?"
she asked me with a happy voice
"not at all"
i said
she laughed
"you'll be fine"
she reassured me.
i nodded my head.
she laid with me for a while and we watched criminal minds together.
"how was the party last night?"
i asked because when i asked last night she didn't really tell me. she just said nate almost got killed.
"it was fun,alcohol is not good for me"
she laughed
i nodded my head and smiled.

as i laid next to her watching the tv she turned to me
"you're beautiful skylar"

emma has always tried her best to get me to believe that. but i'm not there quite yet.

i smiled at her and told her i loved her.

____________________
two hours later i woke up in my bed and emma was sleeping right next to me.
we always fall asleep.

later that night...
me and emma were in the kitchen
she was making a smoothie and i was just sitting in there talking with her

"so like nate was all in her face and she came at him with a knife and literally cut herself with it"
she told me
"that's not good"
i laughed.
she nodded her head
"it was kind of funny watching him get that scared though. he's such an asshole sometimes"
she said.

i don't really know nate all that well. he's always at my house but i don't really leave my room. him and emma are like really really close though. it makes me happy that she's found a best friend like him. but i don't know him or like any of his interests or anything. he plays football and he's good at it. that's all i know. he's also like really popular at school. for whatever reason.