chapter 17

well i spent the whole weekend in my bed crying. me and nate were still texting. just trying to figure things out. we would just say we still love and care about each other. but decide we should stay away from eachother. and honestly i feel bad because ever since me and him got together i feel like him and emma have drifted. and they've been best friends for years. and i don't want to be the reason they aren't as close. but i am. and i fee so fucking bad.

monday rolled around and i did not want to go to school. i didn't want to see nate. i didn't want to see everyone whispering and looking at me. everyone knew about me and nates break up. me and him have broken up a lot of times but this one is serious. and everyone knows. great.

i threw on a big sweatshirt and leggings. i left my hair down and didn't even bother to do any makeup. i don't fucking care what i look like today. i'm gonna go to school and immediately go back home. and i have no boyfriend. who am i trying to impress?

i pulled into the parking lot and parked on the other side of the school so i could avoid seeing nate.

i got out of my car and walked into the school

everyone was already looking at me and whispering. i rolled my eyes at them all and walked to my locker. grabbed my things and slammed it shut.

as soon as i got into my first period class i saw a bunch of people look at me and stare.

"what the fuck are you looking at" i said

everyone looked down.
"skylar watch your language" the teacher scolded. i rolled my eyes and walked to my desk.

my day went by surprisingly quick. as soon as the dismissal bell rang i left. i didn't even bother going to my locker. i just left my extra books in my last period class.

i got to my car and sat down. i took a sip of my water and plugged my phone into the aux cord and put my phone on my lap. i started my car up and pulled out of the parking lot.

as i drove around the building i saw nate in his truck. luckily i hadn't seen him all day. but looking at him now,he looks like a wreck. his hair is messier than usual and he looks like he hasn't slept.

i looked at him and he saw me. i gave him a little smile and drove away.

i saw his face dull when i drove off.

as soon as i got home i went right back to my bed and didn't move the whole night. god i miss him so much. i just want to hug him. i want to kiss him. i want him to tell him he loves me. like he used to. does he miss me? does he still love me?

the next morning i got up
no makeup.
left my hair down and threw on a sweatshirt and jeans. as i searched my closet for a sweatshirt i saw a bunch of nates clothes and it made me tear up.

they still smell like him. this sucks.