chapter 22

they ended up going to fezco's party. emma was drunk as fuck. nate looked miserable. and skylar just stood with nate the whole time because if she didn't he would've gotten mad.

"babe why do you look miserable" she asked him. "hmm,i'm don't" he replied. she raised her eyebrows at him and stood on her tippy toes to kiss him. he lifted her up and put her on the counter.

everyone watched as they made out. with nate being as popular as he was,everyone watched his every move.

after she unattached her lips from his she turned her neck to see everyone watching them. she laughed. and turned back to nate. he handed her a cup with vodka in it. the familiar burn lingered down her throat and she handed the cup to nate who also took a sip from it. he put the cup down.

both of them watched everyone come in and out of the kitchen to get drinks. they both spotted emma walking towards them. she was drunk. like very very drunk. when she got to them she stumbled a little bit and nate held her up. "hiiii guys" she slurred. nate laughed and skylar smiled. "i'm gonna go to jakes house with him,he's over there okay?" she said. skylar rolled her eyes and looked at nate. "no you're not" nate scolded. emma rolled her eyes. "i let you punch him earlier" she laughed. "emma do not go with him" nate said. she rolled her eyes and hit his shoulder and stumbled a bit. nate held her up. "i'm taking you home let's go" he scolded. she rolled her eyes and tried to walk away but nate held her back. "nateee am i drunk" she slurred. "yes weirdo" he laughed.

he walked her out to his truck. skylar went with them. "i'll be back in a few minutes skylar,you can stay here,mckay is here,he'll keep an eye on you" nate said. she nodded her head and walked back into the house and nate got in his truck with emma and drove off.

skylar sat on the counter on her phone waiting for nate to get back.

by time nate got emma back home she was asleep. he picked her up and brought her into the house. he laid her in her bed and put her sheets over her. he went to leave her room. "nateeee" emma said. "what" he asked. "i think-i think i'm in love with you"