chapter 24

"SKYLAR LET ME IN"
he screamed through tears banging on her door
she didn't open it.
"go kiss my sister maybe that'll make you feel better" she sassed back.
"skylar please let's just talk this out"
he begged.
"we'll talk in the morning. but you can go kiss my sister in her room. have fun you fucking man whore"
she said.

he rolled his eyes and was going to just leave but he saw emma standing at her door with tears in her eyes. he walked up to her and
gave her a hug. she cried onto his shirtless body for a few seconds then they unattached from their hug.

"get some sleep emma,i'll be back tomorrow to talk to skylar but i'm gonna go home tonight okay?"

"no please don't leave me" she whined.
"i'll see you tomorrow" he said with raised eyebrows.
she nodded her head and he watched her make her way back to her bed and get under the sheets. he smiled and walked away.

he got into his truck and took off back home.
skylar was in her room taking all of his clothes and things and putting them in a big pile.
and emma was sound asleep.

when he got into his house he went up to his room.

he sat on the end of his bed staring at the floor.
cal walked in.
"what did you guys break up again"
"no"
"looks like you did"
nate stood up walking closer to his dad
he looked down on him
"you need to take a step back"
nate only got closer
"i said you need to take a step back"
cal said.
nate went to push him but cal got a hold of nate and threw him onto the bed.

nate was fighting back and yelling at him to get off.

next thing they knew nate was on the floor screaming for his dad to get off of him

"are you done fighting"
cal yelled

nate began to bang his head on the floor.
very hard.

cal got off of him and walked away.

but nate still was banging his head. again and again. over and over. crying.

a car door slammed outside but he couldn't hear it over his head slamming against the hard wood floor.

it was skylar's car. she was going to go there to try to get nate's side of the story. hopeful that he wasn't the one who initiated the kiss between him and emma.

she opened up the front door and immediately heard banging and crying.

she ran up the stairs.

as soon as she got to nates doorway she was watching him cry and bang his head.

she bent down to him and held his arms down

"nate" she yelled
he kept crying
"nate what is wrong" she raised her voice
"talk to me what is the matter"

the head banging stopped and he looked at skylar and continued to cry.

she made him sit up and she sat next to him to comfort him.

he was crying onto her shoulder

"skylar i can't fucking do this anymore"
"do what?"
"this. life. my dad. my stupid family. school. just fucking everything. i can't do it."
he cried.
she nodded her head and hugged him a little tighter.
"you know i love you" she said
he looked at her,surprised that she said it after everything that just happened with emma.
"we don't have to talk about what just happened at my house" she said and looked down
"but i do love you nate"
"i love you too" he whispered into her hair as he hugged her tightly.