1

"SAOIRSE! GET YOUR ARSE UP!" A rough male voice yelled as there was a pounding on Saorise's room door

Saoirse groaned at the loud noise, rubbing her eyes to wake herself up. "I'm up, da!" She shouted back pulling herself out of bed to get dressed into her uniform.

"You better be downstairs in the next 30 minutes!" Her dad, Cillian, continued to shout before stomping away downstairs.

Once Cillian was downstairs she shoved on her uniform and walked into her bathroom. She down her usual routine : used the toilet, washed hands and face, brushed her teeth and fixed her hair.

After doing all that she then quickly applied light makeup. She then left her bathroom and pushed her school shoes on.

Saoirse lifted her books shoving them in her bag before leaving her room and jogging down stairs.

"Morning, Ma." She greeted her mother as she walked into the kitchen where her mother was making toast.

"Morn-what in gods name are you wearing?" Saorise mother, Eileen, screeched at the sight of the denim blue jacket wrapped around her daughters shoulders.

Saoirse said nothing. She just grabbed a piece of toast trying to avoid eye contact with her mother. Eileen placed her hands on her hips raising her eyebrows. "Where's your blazer?"

Saoirse stared wide eyed at her mother, slightly terrified to speak. "Mammy, I couldnae find it." She stuttered.

"Get up those stairs and get your blazer on now, young lady." Eileen demanded pointing to the stairs.

Saoirse huffed but knew she'd get her arse skelped if she didn't listen. She rushed upstairs and replaced her blue denim jacket with her green blazer.

She walked back down stairs, this time entering the living room. Cillian sat on the single couch chair watching the news. Saoirse sat herself down on the larger couch close to her father.

"Aw, for fuck sake. Eileen, come look at this." Cillian shouted for his with upon hearing what's happening on the news. "It says they're bombing the bridge."

"You're joking. Can they still get to school? She's no missing another day of school. She's had all summer." Eileen moaned placing a hand on her head rubbing it slowly and her other in her hip.

Cillian shook his head. "Naw, the bus'll just take the long way."

"Och, mammy why can I no just stay aff? I'm putting ma safety at risk here. I could get hurt." Saoirse dramatically huffed whilst frowning and crossing her arms over her chest.