2

"HOW LONG DOES THIS FAST LAST?" Erin questions Clare upon seeing her basically drooling over whatever Orla was eating

"24 hours." Clare answers still not taking her eyes off Orla. "So I still have...almost 23 hours to go." She says looking down at her watch sounding like she was about to cry.

Michelle rolls her eyes. "Fuck me, not the Africans again." She complains.

"Imagine being born there and not here. We don't know how lucky we are." Clare turns to Michelle who nods understandingly. "Aye, fair dues. Derry has class." Michelle comments smiling.

"It is, aye." Orla agrees still chewing her food.

The bus comes to a stop and all the girl remain calm and casual while James becomes extremely confused and worried.

Two soldiers walk on to the bus and one shouts "Everyone remain seated!" The soldier then begins to go down the bus searching while the other stays at the front.

"What's going on?" James whispers anxiously. Saoirse places a hand on his shoulder, comforting him slightly.

"I dunno. But do you think if I told him I had
an incendiary device down my knickers, he'd have a look?" Michelle suggests with hope in her tone as she smiled smugly.

"Michelle, he's a soldier." Erin scolds.

"Ach, some of them are all right. I'm willing to admit it,even if nobody else will, because I'm a beacon of truth, Erin" Michelle praises herself.

Erin shakes her head. "You're a mouth, that's what you are."

The bus eventually arrived at the school. Everyone headed off into school. "Hi, guys." Jenny stepped in front of the girls and boy waving her hands.

"Could I just have a quick chat? You must be new. I'm Jenny. Great hair. Very bold. I'd love to go that short, but, sure, I don't have the bone structure." Jenny introduces herself to James thinking he's a girl.

"He's a fella, Jenny." Michelle corrects her. "Oh, fuck me. Someone slit my throat." Saoirse whispers to herself rolling her eyes at Jenny.

"Oh. I see. Anyhoo..." Jenny awkwardly brushes off.

" 'Anyhoo'. Seriously, shoot me in the face." Michelle mocks to Saoirse and Clare. " I'll shoot you, if you shoot me." Saoirse replies.

"This is a bit awkward, but part of my role as prefect is welcoming the first-year students, and it's come to my attention that there was some sort of an incident on the bus this morning."

"There was no incident." Michelle immediately interrupts.

"Apparently, you guys threatened one of the new girls. Said you was going to beat her up." Jenny rants.