7

"I JUST CAN'T GET MY HEAD AROUND IT

"I JUST CAN'T GET MY HEAD AROUND IT. The fact that he's gone...forever." Erin sobs looking at a photo of Grandpa Joe and the dog Toto. This was while the other five teens sat on her floor and some were studying for their exams.

"It's so sad, it really is. It is so, so sad. But at the same time, what's done is done, so let's crack on." A delirious and jittery Clare states frantically tapping her pen.

Saoirse nodded along, tiredly and also slightly delirious. "My ma and da will absolutely murder me if I don't pass this."

A distraught and sobbing Clare then replies with a "Well, I'm sorry, Clare and Saoirse . Has his sudden, tragic death interrupted your studies?"

"It has a bit, actually, yeah." Clare furiously nods her head 'yes'. "Aye, I'm sorry and all but I need to study so..." Saoirse trails off shrugging.

Erin continues to stare at the photo shaking her head. "How can you be so heartless?"

"Don't cry, Erin. He's in a better place now. Unless he's not, you know, because unless he's gone to hell." Orla interjects trying to comfort her cousin.

"Can be please talk about something else? I'm half torn. This is wrecking my head." Michelle scoffs at the girls. "What? Have you been drinking?" Erin gasps in disbelief.

"Yes I have. And for future reference, if any of you invite me to a study sleepover again, and I'm desperate enough to accept that invitation, there's a good chance I have a litre bottle of Pernod in my bag."

"Aw, for fuck sake. Again! Where is my invite? Did it get lost in the fucking post?" Saoirse throws her hands up in frustration at the hungover girl who just sends her an apologetic smile and a shrug.

Staring off into space Erin says "I shouldn't even have to sit the exam, on, you know, compassionate grounds."

"He was a dog, Erin!" Clare yells in disbelief of how dramatic she believed Erin was being. "Toto was much more than a dog. Toto was my best friend." Erin sobbed.

Placing down her bottle Michelle goes slightly pale. "Christ, I feel a bit bokey." This results in Saoirse letting out an exaggerated laugh and crossing her arms over her chest. "Aye, we'll you deserve that...cow!"

Michelle walks over opens up Erin's blinds. "Sweet suffering Jesus! It's the morning already?! What are we going to do?!" A hyper, frantic and stressed Clare squeals out.

"Maybe we could start with calming the fuck down." Michelle scolds Clare. "Calm down? We're still on William of Orange, Michelle! We haven't so much looked at the famine!" The blonde retorts in an outraged tone.

"We've got the gist. They ran out of spuds. Everyone was raging." Michelle shrugs her shoulders not seeing how it's a big deal. "Well, I can't tell my rebellions from my risings." James speaks up.

"And whose fault is that? If your lot had stopped invading us for five fucking minutes, there'd be a lot less to wade through, you English prick."

Clare began frantically panting and shaking as if on the verge of a panic attack. "Nothing's going in! Nothing is going in, and every time I try to make notes, it-What's happening to me?"