15

THE QUINN FAMILY AND COMPANIONS STOPPED at a nearby diner and settled themselves into a booth while the strange stowaway sat in a seperate booth

THE QUINN FAMILY AND COMPANIONS STOPPED at a nearby diner and settled themselves into a booth while the strange stowaway sat in a seperate booth. The teens sat in silence watching the adults argue over the stranger.

Saoirse ignored the group with a sigh, reaching for her boyfriends hand under the table and he immediately intertwined his fingers hers. Their joined hands sat on Saoirse lap as one of James' fingers strayed slowly and softly starting to draw patterns on her inner thigh causing butterflys to invade her stomach.

"He seems like a nice enough fella, Gerry." Mrs Quinn defends the man against her husbands wishes. "We have to walk away from this." Mr Quinn hisses at his wife in disbelief of what she was suggesting.

"What if we can't walk away, Daddy? What if we don't help him and he kills us all because we know too much?" Erin dramatically lets out with wide eyes. "I like him. I think he's a character." Her cousin dreamily speaks up lifting her head from her grandad's shoulder.

Before anyone could say anything else, a waitress walked over to the table. "Well?" She asked the table. Granda Joe, Mr Quinn and Mrs Quinn all order teas for themselves and Mrs Quinn also ordered Cokes for the teens.

"What do you fancy, Sarah?" Mary turned to her sister. "I wouldn't mind a wee vodka." Sarah softly spoke looking up at the waitress.

"Make that two." "Three." Both Michelle and Saoirse tried but the latter received a small glare and nudge from her boyfriend causing her to shrink down in her chair.

The waitress furrowed her brows at the three. "We don't sell alcohol." She scoffed. "I'll take a tea." Sarah merely responded to the irritated woman.

"Any food?" The woman huffed glaring at the group and the whining baby. "We're just looking." Mary's eyes widened at the bluntness of the waitress before slipping on her glases and glancing over the menu.

"Fine." The waitress sighed storming off. "Yeah, and at 2.25 a burger, looking is all we'll be doing!" Gerry stared at the menu in disbelief.

They were interrupted by the stowaway as he reached over their table. "Don't mind me, just grabbing a knife." He scanned the group searching their faces for any signs. "Take it you haven't decided yet?"

"Just leave it with me, son." Grandad Joe nodded to the man. "Aye, no pressure. Sure, I'll be over here if you need me." Emmett shrugs with a small smile before moving off to sit back at his original table.

"What the hell does he need a knife for?" Erinsays in pure fear as her eyes expand to twice their size. "He's eating his lunch." James simply answered while they all watched him.

"God, but he has great teeth, doesn't he?" Sarah deeply observed the man which Michelle also agreed to. "He really does, but tell the truth...The hair. Can you see a ginger tinge?" Michelle turned to the adult.

Realisation hits Sarah's face. "Now that you mention it..." She trails off tilting her head at him. "So Christ only knows what's lurking downstairs. And that is a concern." Michelle cringes just thinking about it.