17

LIKE USUAL SAOIRSE was around at the Quinn's household, however she wasn't just there to hang out with Erin and Orla

LIKE USUAL SAOIRSE was around at the Quinn's household, however she wasn't just there to hang out with Erin and Orla. She was there because the group of teens were away for the weekend to attend an outdoor pursuit as part of a peace initiative between Catholics and Protestants. Their bags were packed ready to go just wait on the others to arrive.

Clare, Orla and Erin already in the kitchen eating breakfast when Saoirse walked in along with Sarah, Mary and Joe. The brunette placed herself down at the table and watched the TV as the news appeared on ther screen.

As soon as she sat down the doorbell rang. "I'll go." Erin spoke up placing her tea down and walking over to the front door, Saoirse following behind knowing exactly who was there. "Cock-a-doodle-doo." Michelle said grinning as Erin opened the door. "Hi." James greeted them quietly from behind his cousin.

Over the summer, Saoirse and James fell completely and totally in love with one another, though they never said it to each other. The two hung out every chance they got and made up elaborate plans to be with each other without anyone knowing.

So when James stepped through the front door a smile could not help but invade Saoirse face. God, had he gotten hotter since she last saw him? Was that even possible? They still hadn't told the rest of their friends. Scared how they'd react. Especially how Michelle would react.

Their eyes met and didn't leave each others even when they sat down. Both of them ignoring Michelle's inappropriate rambling until Clare nudge the girl and gestured her body towards Erin whos eyes were narrowed on the two.

"Good Morning, Michelle." Mary speaks up with a disapproving look. "I am buzzing for this weekend. Them waterproof trousers do wonders for my hole." Michelle continues talking while munching down on a slice of toast.

"Mine are pink. They're bright pink." James told them, his tone sad and embarassed. Saoirse let out a snort but showed him a pout when he playfully glared at her. "They were two for one, James, stop crying." His cousin scoffs shaking her head.

Mrs Quinn's head could not have whipped around faster at her words. "Two for one? Where?" She said with a gasp. "Kay's catalogue. And my mammy said to tell you..." The young girl was cut off when Mary rolled her eyes and said, "Her big bowl. I know, I know, I keep forgetting, I'll drop it round today."

The two continued to talk about the bowl for a few moments longer while Saoirse subtly and playfully nudged James' leg several times causing him to do the same to her. Both laughed under their breath and continued nudging each other while everyone else was talking.

"Right. We need to shift ourselves." Erin tells the group catching the 'lovebirds' attentions causing them to stand up from their seats and grab their things.

"Listen, wains, I've already said this to Erin. No funny business with these Protestant lads. Is that clear? I don't want anybody landing back here pregnant." Mrs Quinn warned the teens her eyes darting back and forward between James and Saoirse. Did she know?...no she couldn't. Could she?