6

THE GUILTY TEENS SAT in the Quinn living room

THE GUILTY TEENS SAT in the Quinn living room. Saoirse, Erin, Michelle, Orla, Clare and James sat on squashed together on the couch. Orla was on the arm of the couch next to Erin and Saoirse was on the other arm of the couch next to James while Michelle and Clara sat in the middle.

Michelle sat shaking her head with her arms crossed and furrowed brows. "How did you find out?"

"Doesn't matter how she found out, Michelle. That's not what's important. What's important is the fact that we are all deeply-" Clare frantically rambles to Michelle in a hushed tone.

Fionnula cut Clare off pointing at her. "Her mother rang me." She answered Michelle's earlier question. "You told your ma?!" Erin shouted in disbelief.

Saoirse, Erin and Michelle huffed and through their hands in the air before crossing their arms. "Okay. I cracked. I couldn't handle it, and I cracked."

"For fucks sake, Clare." Michelle violently let out in frustration. "Grow a pair, Clare." Saoirse added on shaking her head.

"Enough! Where do we go from here?" Mary Quinn places her hands on her hips and turns to Fionnula. "Mary, look. You're family. Well, you're good people. Well, you're decent people. But I have to set an example."

Mary let's out a loud gasp. "No. Dear God, no. You're not talking about a ban." She place a hand over her chest in slight fear.

Unknown to the others, James happily let out a quiet "Yes!" which only Saoirse heard resulting in her covering her mouth with her hand to stop her from giggling as she nudged the boy with her other hand.

"Let's call it a suspension. I'm sorry, Mary." Fionnula apologises. Her words made Saoirse feel quite happy but then upon realising how her parents would react to this she quickly felt sick.

Sarah walks in and noticed Fionnula. "Ach, Fionnula. What about you? I thought I could smell vinegar. I'm just on my way to meet our Colm here. I'm a nervous wreck. We're doing this interview you see, for UTV. I'm going to be on UTV, Fionnula."

"Save your breath, Sarah. There'll be no free chips. There'll be no chips, full stop." Mary informs her sister. "Excuse me?" Sarah whispers in shock and confusion.

"What do you expect me to do on a Friday, Fionnula? Cook? You expect me to cook?" Mary says in disbelief.

Fionnula just shrugs. "You could order a pizza." She simply suggests. Orla shakes her head and takes this opportunity to speak up "Pizza is not as nice."

"No. You are right, Orla. Pizza is not as nice.
Maybe you should have all thought about that." Mary scolds the group of teens before turning back to Fionnula. "Is there nothing we can do?"

Fionnula had worked out a plan for them to clean up her chippy while she was out. The chippy was closed as it was still early. Saoirse, Michelle, Clare, James, Erin and Orla are inside wearing aprons getting ready to start cleaning.