9

THE GROUP SAT IN A CIRCLE with Father Peter in the centre as they all spoke

THE GROUP SAT IN A CIRCLE with Father Peter in the centre as they all spoke. Saoirse was slouched back in her chair, boredly playing with strands of her hair as she watch her friends squeeze up and lean closely towards Father Peter.

Michelle was currently questioning Father Peter about people that she personally thinks are dicks and asking if the Lord things their dicks too.

"Marti Pellow."

"No."

"Paddy Ashdown."

"No."

"Your man from Fun House."

"Pat Sharp?" Clare chimes in helping out Michelle. "Pat Sharp. Pat Sharp's definitely a dick." Michelle repeats Clare's words nodding her head in certainty.

Father Peter seemed to have given in to the girls as he sighed and began to change the subject."Okay. The five of you attending chapel, praying together, would that be a typical morning?"

Both Michelle and Saoirse thought he was joking as both started laughing. "He's not joking." Erin scolds the two causing them to immidately stop laughing.

"Oh. Christ, fuck no. We were just following that stupid dog." Michelle answers Father Peter's previous question. "I'm sorry?" Father Peter questions in confusion from MIchelle's answer.

Erin quickly shook her head. "The dog has nothing to do with anything." She said awfully fast which made Saoirse eye the blonde suspiciously.

"See, Erin's dog died recently and she saw one that sort of looked like him a bit." Clare jumps in to explain, it was clear the caffeine was still having is affect on her.

"The dog's irrelevant." Erin again quickly tries to change the conversation which again Saoirse catches and narrows her eyes observing Erin before Clare continued to talk about the dog.

"So we followed him for a while. This dog."

"The dog and the statue are unrelated."

"And he led us to the chapel."

"The dog led you to the chapel?"

"The dog isn't important."

The two teens kept going back and forth until Father Peter spoke up."Maybe it is. What if this dog you saw, Erin, what if it didn't simply look like your dog? What if it actually was your dog?"

"Right. Maybe. But, as I think we mentioned, Toto's dead. My ma saw him get hit by an army Land Rover and then buried him in our back garden, so probably not." Erin scoffs shaking her head at the priest.

"A beloved animal, returning from the dead. Now, we've seen this before." Father Peter informs the teens while flicking pages. "Aye, in movies." Saoirse quietly mutters rolling her eyes.