22

WATCHING THE SUITCASE FULL OF VODKA blow up before their eyes and having to flee the scene, fearing for their lives as they saw the look on Sister Michael's face

WATCHING THE SUITCASE FULL OF VODKA blow up before their eyes and having to flee the scene, fearing for their lives as they saw the look on Sister Michael's face. The teens were now walking to Belfast on foot with nothing around them except trees and fields of grass. The sun was shining down on them as they slowly walk down the road.

"We need a better plan, Michelle." Erin stated blankly keeping her head straight. "This is a great plan." The curly brunette argued. "We cannot walk to Belfast." Erin scoffed at her friend shaking her head in disagreement. "How far can it be? Have you ever seen Northern Ireland on a map? It's fucking tiny." Michelle continued to support her idea.

The smaller brunette groaned dramatically throwing her arms around Michelle."My feet are in fucking agony, Michelle. There's no way I'm making it to Belfast." She huffed grabbing her foot. The boy next to her stopped in front of her and slouched down holding out his hands behind him and indicating for her to jump on his back which she gladly accepted and wrapped her arms around his neck, ignoring the looks their friends sent them.

"I have to say I'm not overly keen on being out in the open like this. Just because of the whole
'There's a polar bear on the loose that could maul us to death' thing!" Clare screamed out, her voice filled with fear and anxiety. "It can try!" Orla waved about the stick she found.

On the side of the road in front of them were two men filling up a car. "Is it just me, or is that Gypsy an absolute ride?" Michelle smiles biting her lip as she watches the man. "Michelle! You cannot say that! They're called Travellers now. You can't say Gypsy anymore, it's insulting." Erin says in a disapproving tone.

Saoirse sighed resting her chin on her boyfriend's shoulder. "Is this okay? I'm not too heavy, am I?" Saoirse voiced her concerns and insecurities, she was starting to feel guilty for accepting his offer to a piggyback. "What? No, you're as light as a feather." He insisted shaking his head.

"Who are they?" The boy raised his voice to the group, turning back to the girls' group conversation. "They're just people, James, they're just people that are exactly like us." Erin nodded her head along as she spoke. "Except different. " Orla added clutching her stick behind her head. "Yes-No!" Erin had to immediately correct herself.

The small blonde, Clare, shook her head with a look of disappointment. "That's actually racist, Orla." She scoffed at her friend. "No, it's not. They are different." Michelle disagreed. "They're not." Erin continued arguing with the girl. "They live in caravans, for a start." The curly-haired girl responded back.

"Just because they have different lifestyles than us, doesn't mean they aren't just normal people like us." Saoirse chose to voice her opinion against Michelle and Orla. The two girls then went on to blab about how they liked the idea of living in a caravan causing the others to just roll their eyes.

"Could you all stop being so racist, please?" Erin huffed annoyed with the current conversation topic. "I'm a bit scared of them. Is that racist?" James finally spoke up with concern after listening to all the girls arguing with each other.