12

AFTER ESCAPING HER FATHERS RAGE, Saoirse met up with her friends and much to her annoyance Katya

AFTER ESCAPING HER FATHERS RAGE, Saoirse met up with her friends and much to her annoyance Katya. They were currently sat in Brennans diner sipping their drinks and picking at their food while Katya was ordering food at the till.

"I don't know. I just find her a bit, 'I have a fringe and cigarettes and opinions', and she's also a bit, you know, 'I hate walls' and she's just not-" Erin's complaining about Katya was cut off by Clare. "Oh, the grateful little peasant girl you ordered?"

"Yeah. No. I just don't trust her, okay? And that thing she said about my letters being boring, I really think she's playing some sort of twisted psychological mind game here." Erin continued to complain feeling rather offended with Katya's comments towards her.

"Or maybe your letters are just really fucking dull, Erin." Michelle stated. "My letters are a gripping read." Erin defended herself to the curly haired brunette.

As Erin bickered on about Katya, Saoirse sat slowly sipping on her drink bored with the conversation when suddenly James' words caught her attention. "I'm not comfortable with you talking about my girlfriend like this."

"Girlfriend?!" Saoirse blurted out in shock choking on her drink causing all eyes to fall on her at her sudden outburst. "I mean, wow girlfriend good for you." She covered up with a fake smile but there was clear sadness in her eyes.

It wasn't hard to see that Saoirse disliked the Ukrainain girl. She felt slightly bad for not liking the girl as she didn't properly know her but every time she saw Katya it irritated her. Although her friends seemed oblivious to her distaste for her girl, all of them except from a certain blonde girl who seemed rather suspicious of Saoirse' attitude.

How could Saoirse not have seen it sooner? Why did it take a complete stranger for her to realise her feelings? Of course the one time she likes someone they'd already have a girlfriend.

"Ah ha! And she also fancies James. You don't find that a bit weird?"

"Aye, that is a bit fucked up, in fairness."

"Aye, I can't get my head around it."

While the girls talked about how it was strange that Katya even liked James, Saoirse just sat back not wanting to participate in the conversation afraid that she may reveal something. She wanted to speak up, to defend James but she couldn't she was mad at him. Although it wasn't his fault she was still mad at him.

"I'm telling you, she's up to something."  Erin confidently stated looking around her friends  completely convinced by her statement. "Even so, I need her to put a word in with that big Russian ride." Michelle shrugs.

"And I really like the fact that she glows in the dark." Orla added on confusing all of her friends causing all of them to furrow their brows. "I'm sorry?" James chose to speak up for everyone.

Orla, however, thought the answer was obvious. "Because of the radiation, they all glow in the dark." She said in a 'duh' tone. "Right." James simply replies, although they still sat with a blank expression