11

SAOIRSE STOOD SLOUCHED AGAINST the banister inside the local church, she was sulking

SAOIRSE STOOD SLOUCHED AGAINST the banister inside the local church, she was sulking. Her parents made her go because there were foreign exchange people coming for a couple of days. She asked if the could house one of them but she got a strong 'no' as she was still in the 'bad books' as they said.

There was a banner above the foreign strangers reading, 'We Welcome the Children of Chernobyl'. The O'Doherty family sat close to the Quinn family. The Quinn's were taking in a  foreign stranger which made Saoirse extremly jealous and pissed.

The only reason the O'Doherty family were there was because Saoirse mother was insanly nosy and the biggest gossip in Derry. "A reading from the Holy Gospel." Father Conway spoke up.

Saoirse started to drown it all out, pulling the rubix cube out of her pocket and began to solve in while also hiding it away from her parents eyes knowing they'd majorly scold her. Eventually, everyone sat down, Saoirse cowering away from everyone and continuing to solve her rubix cube.

"And today we welcome some very special guests. The wains from Chernobyl, who've come over to give their wee lungs a bit of a clear out, because, ah, sure, there's all sorts wafting about in their neck of the woods. Sister." Father Conway finished gesturing for Sister Michael to talk.

Sister Michael was one of Saoire' favourite people. She was so unbelievably funny and she didn't even have to try. Saoirse aspired to be her when she's older minus the nun part, she struggled a little with her religion.

"Lovely job so far, Seamus, but you know, keep it moving. Rawhide's on in fifteen minutes. Now, one might well question the wisdom of sending you here, of all places. Out of the frying pan and into the...well maybe not the fire but certainly a different type of frying pan. Or some sort of wok at the very least. But please, don't worry yourselves too much about the whole civil war, sectarian conflict carry on. There's really only one thing you need to know. We're the goodies. Welcome to Derry."

After meeting up with Clare, Michelle and James, all four of them made their way to the Quinn's to meet th person they had taking in. It was exciting but still annoying that Saoirse couldn't have a new roomate of her own.

Michelle barged through the door to Erin's bedroom, anxious to meet the new girl. "Your ma said we could come up and have a look at the Russian."

"Ukrainian." Erin corrects rolling her eyes. "Is this her?" Michelle rhetorically asks as they all observe the unkknown girl.

"Isn't she cracker? She's half mine." Orla stats, her eyes never leaving the Ukrainian searching every part of her. "No, she's not, Orla." Erin scoffs at her cousin. "Aye, she is. Mammy said so." Orla defends her previous words.

"You're so lucky, Erin. I begged my ma to let me have one, but she said we've no room now that my dickhead, ballbag, English prick of a cousin's moved in. I'm talking about you James, in case you're wondering." Michelle aggressively spits glaring at her cousin.