19

SISTER MICHAEL STOOD ON STAGE in the assembly hall announcing recent information she had received

SISTER MICHAEL STOOD ON STAGE in the assembly hall announcing recent information she had received. "As you all know, at the beginning of term, the Bishop graciously bestowed a beautiful piece of religious art onto Our Lady Immaculate College-the enchanting Child Of Prague." She smiled happily unveiling a statue. "There we are. Sure, isn't he a great fella altogether?"

"I still don't get what it's supposed to be." James says tilting his head in confusion. "It's Jesus as a wain." Michelle answers him. "Why has he got a big red hat on?" The English man continues questioning the statue. "Nobody knows." His cousin replied with a small scoff. Saoirse swayed as the assembly continued trying to keep herself awake, she hated assemblys they bored the life out of her.

Sister Michael then began rambling on about wanting to keep the statue instead of handing it over to the other school like she was supposed to and fully decided that she would be keeping it. "Now, what else was there? Ah, yes. Sadly, Sister Patrick has decided to leave us. She's returning to her missionary work, educating the heathen inhabitants of a primitive and savage place. She's...taken a teaching post in Belfast, Sister. Precisely. The Board of Governors promised me that her replacement would arrive today, but as usual they were talking out of their-"

A loud bang interrupted Sister Michaels rant and out appeared a woman in all leather removing a motorcycle helmet. "I believe you've been expecting me." 'Holy fuckin christ , she's hot'  Saoirse eyes widened finally fully understanding why Clare was a lesbian.

Within 5 minutes of sitting in the new teacher, Ms De Brún, Saoirse was obsessed with her. The class sat in silence as Ms De Brún lay back and threw her legs up on the desk. "What is it we should be doing, Miss?" Jenny raised her hand. " 'What should you be doing?' Now, there's the question. But let me ask you a better one. What is it you want to do?" Ms De Brún asked finally standing up from her seat.

"Get pished." Michelle answered honestly receiving a 'hmm' from the teacher and a nod from Saoirse agreeing with the girl. "I'd quite like some feedback on the poetry assignment, actually." Jenny smiled smugly causing everyone to groan and for Michelle to mutter 'dickhead'. "It counts towards our final grade, people!"

Ms De Brún lifted a stack of paper from the desk. "This is 12A, right?" She asked "That is correct, Miss." Jenny sat up straight nodding her head. "And you are?" Ms De Brún raises her eyeborws at Jenny. "Jenny. Jenny Joyce." She smiles proudly. "Here we go. The Flower, by Jenny Joyce." Ms De Brún announces reading off the paper standing up in front of the class. "You're not going to read it out, are you?" Jenny asked furrowing her brows.

"Of course. Poetry should always be read aloud. 'Some flowers are tall, Some flowers are small, Some flowers barely grow at all' Okay." Ms De Brún slides the paper out of her hands and onto the floor moving on to the next. "That's not the end." Jenny shook her head. "It should be." The teacher simply shrugged off.