Chapter 4 - Tai's perspective - The first day

The first day of school. I've been dreading this day since we moved. I come off as a cocky and confident person, but in reality, it's all an act.
I had a hard time making friends even at our old school. Of course, I always have Kari to annoy the shit out of me but it's not the same. I was slightly at ease as I had met a tall blonde at the pizza shop who is going to the same school as me. I heard my alarm go off but I chose to ignore it, pretty sure I snoozed it about seven times.
"Are you awake?" Kari asked "Of course not"
"Hello, earth to Tai Kamiya" She said shaking me violently as if an earthquake had just hit
"What do you want?" I said clearly annoyed
"If you don't get up your going to be late," She said
"What?" I said glaring at his alarm clock "Oh god"
I frantically jumped out of bed and dashed down the hall.
"You forgot your uniform" She shouted from down the hall
I came running back down the hall and grabbed my uniform and left the room running once again. I heard my sister laughing as she walked down the stairs to wait for me at the door. I close the bathroom door and frantically put on my uniform and the strongest cologne I could find. I stared at my hair for a moment then decided that I didn't need to brush it. Five minutes later I came dashing down the stairs slid into the kitchen to say good morning to my mother then shoved a piece of toast in my mouth. Finally, we left down the path to school.
"Okay have a good first day, don't get a boyfriend" I shouted walking into the senior building.
The look on her face was priceless, pure embarrassment. My work here was done. I walked into my first class. Sadly, the blonde from the pizza shop wasn't there. I took a seat in the back row and pulled out my computer.
"Okay class I'm going to take attendance," Mr.Nishijima said
"Kelly Lowell"
"Here"
"Macy Cormac"
"Here"
"Braxton Jones"
"Here"
"Tai Kamiya"
"Here" I responded
Many turn their heads to look at me. A look of disbelief in their eyes. Everyone had a look of disgust in their eyes, all except for one. It was a pretty girl that sat in front of me. She was considerably short and had strawberry blond hair that was quite lengthy. She just sat there and Flashed me a smile.
"Welcome to Crystal Cove Kamiya" She said turning back around to face the whiteboard
Good to see that someone appreciated me. I do wonder why all my classmates looked at me like that, was it my last name? That class ended as fast as it started along with the next one until soccer tryouts. I walked out onto the field to start warming up. The guys here are crazy good. I'm not sure I'll even make the team. I was kinda just messing around bouncing the ball from one knee to the other when I saw a little freshman staring at me from the bleachers. He wasn't the tallest guy I had ever seen but not short. He had short spiky red hair with a pair of goggles tangled in his hair.
"Line up and get ready" The coach roared
All the player lined up rather quickly eager to start
"I expect a lot from you Kamiya!" The coach said "Your dad was quite the player himself"
My dad played soccer? Since when? This coach was sure bossy! And he's a redhead too, I hate redheads. We started tryouts and if I'm being honest, I was undoubtedly the best one there. I'm going to make the best for sure. What was I worried about? I Strutted off the field and waved to the little freshman who is still watching me. Finally, it was lunch hour I was starving. I took a deep breath and walked into the cafeteria. I was immediately flagged down by none other than everyone's favourite blonde, matt.
"Hey, it's Tai Kamiya!" Matt exclaimed "What's up dude?"
"Not much nice to see you" I replied
"Meet sora, she's pretty much the only girl at this school who's not a bitch" Matt said
"Matt!" Sora said elbowing him in the shoulder "Nice to meet you Tai"
"Nice to meet you too sora" I said shaking her head
"Don't look now, here comes Mimi" Matt said
"Don't slap the new kid across the face with your edgy rock music on the first day!" Mimi said taking a seat at the table very much uninvited
"Oh please Mimi, I would never let him" Sora laughed
Matt simply just rolled his eyes.
"I'm Mimi Tachikawa!" Mimi said "But you probably already knew that"
"Of course I did, we have class together" I lied
I looked up to see my little sister sitting at the table across the room from me.
"Kari!" I shouted well waving aggressively
She turned around and waved. She was sitting at a table with a blonde boy, the boy with the goggles from soccer practice, a boy with dark blue hair, a girl with bright lavender hair and a little boy who didn't look old enough to go here. She turned back around to talk to her friends as I did the same.
"I see your sister has met my brother" Matt said
"That's your brother?" I asked
"Oh my gosh, they would make such a cute couple!" Mimi squealed
"I agree with Mimi" Sora added
Matt and I looked at each other. Our little siblings in love? Disgusting. My thoughts were soon interrupted by the sound of the Bell.
"Well, catch you guys later!" Mimi said running off down the hallway
"Later dude" Matt said leaving down the other hallway with sora
I said goodbye to my friends and proceeded to go to my next class. Two and a half hours later I was free, I opened my locker and shoved my stuff in my bag.
"How funny our lockers are beside each other!" Sora said closing her locker door
"How Convenient" I replied "Want me to walk you home?"
"That would be nice" Sora said "However I have to work at my mother's stupid flower shop"
"That sucks" I said "Maybe another time"
"I would love that Tai" Sora said "Bye for now"
After a rather sour encounter with Sora, I dashed back home. I wanted to beat my sister back home so I would have time to clean up all my stuff before she got home and yelled at me. Mission accomplished. I threw myself back onto the arm chair in the living room and peered out the window. Is that my sister, with a boy! And the just any boy. It was matt's brother. I sighed and went to go wait for her at the door. She opened it slightly then slipped in, It's almost like she was trying not to be seen.
"Didn't I tell you not to get a boyfriend on your first day?" I said
I must have scared her because she jumped to face me like she has just heard a scream
"He isn't my boyfriend," she said "He's just a random dude from my math class, chill"
"He isn't just some random, that's matt's brother" I said
"I knew he looked familiar" she said "Whatever, it's not like that"
"Sure it's not" I smirked
"I'm serious!" she shouted "Ugh I have homework to do, catch you later Tai"
"Is it homework for the class with Tk in it?" I suggested
"If I didn't have piles of homework to do, I would come back down there and strangle you!" she screamed well walking up the stairs
"Kari don't threaten your brother" My mother said in a monotone voice while unpacking a box of mugs in the kitchen.
My work here is done. Just wait till I get my hands on that blonde.