Chapter 12 - Kari's perspective - Sibling telepathy

I woke up yet again in the darkness. How much longer until they just kill me, I hate the dark! Just then for the first time in forever, I heard a human-made sound. It was footsteps, loud and heavy footsteps. I heard a barely audible "Click!", coming from the door as if someone was unlocking it from outside. Just then I heard the door swing open.
"Hello Kamiya" The clearly male voice said
I wanted to reply, or scream, but the tape cover my mouth said otherwise.
"Oh right, sorry about that buddy," he said as he ripped off the tape
I then proceeded to scream, hoping someone would hear me.
"Let's not get feisty there Kamiya"
"What do you want from me?"
"Power"
"I don't have any power to give to you!"
"You sure are dumber than dear old dad aren't you? Don't you get it? You have the power crystal!"
"I'm really sorry, I want to help you but I actually don't know what you're talking about"
"Well once upon a time your beloved father was the holder of three crystals. Don't worry your pretty little head about the other two. I've already got that under control. Anyway, after killing Jonah Susumu had to hide the crystals. He broke the power crystal in half and when you were born he made the idiotic decision to hide half of the crystal in your head via surgery. A couple of years later, he did the same with your brother. I want the crystal!"
"I don't believe you! My dad would never"
"Well he did. Doesn't it all make sense now? The way you have been feeling since you moved here? The plan is all coming together"
"I'll stop you! My brother and our friends are looking for me right now"
"Too bad they won't find you"
The man then put the tape back over my mouth.
"Gotta fly, see ya in hell"
How do I tell Tai? If that is I ever get the chance too. It's extremely hard to tell the time when all you see is darkness and all you hear is silence. But after what felt like days but could've been only hours I felt a sharp pain in my head. It must be the power crystal! Power could mean a lot of different things to a lot of different people. I remembered how the man had said the crystal was split in half, I wonder if this was a way to communicate with my brother.
*Hello* I said hoping to get through to him
*Hi?* he responded
*Tai?* I said making sure it was him
*How do you know my name? Kari?* he asked.
*Yes it's me* I said
*Where are you? And what kind of sibling telepathy is this?*
*I'm in a pitch-black room and a weird man came and spoke to me and I don't know where I am plus the stupid crystals*
*Hey calm down, what crystals?*
*I need to see you in person for this conversation. I don't think you're going to like it*
*I'm coming to find you*
It was quiet until she heard the muffled screams of her brother
"Kari!"
*I hear you! You must be close*
"KARI!"
"Kari!" yelled a different voice
Was that Tk? Was he really with Tai looking for me?
*Is that Tk?*
*Yes him and Matt are with me*
"KARI!" Tai screamed
Woah that was loud. They must be close!
*You're on my right*
I felt another sharp pain in my head. Something must be happening with the power crystal! Well then, no more communication for me. I then heard someone seemingly trying to open the door. They were being rather aggressive. Then I heard the door creep open followed by a gasp. I really hope this was Tai and Tk. Oh and Matt of course.
"Oh my god Kari," a voice said calling out for me
Was it Tk? Was it really him?
"Tk?" I said
"Yeah it's me" he said
"I-I can't see you"
Tk pulled off the blindfold and let it fall to the ground. It really was him!
"Now you can" He said with a smile
I grabbed onto the collar of his shirt and pulled him into a passionate kiss with no hesitation.
"Jesus Christ" Matt said putting a hand over his eyes
"Get a room" Tai said pulling Tk off of me
"Tai!" I said standing up and pulling my big brother into a hug
"Hey sis, you okay?" he said hugging me back
"I am now" I said
"Will give you two some privacy" Matt said yanking Tk out of the room with him
"I'm sorry" he apologized to me
"Why are you apologizing to me? I should be thanking you!" I said
"I noticed you've been kinda off since we moved here and I did nothing. I released that a little too late"
"About that, we have a problem"
"I was just about to say that. Sibling telepathy doesn't seem like the most logical answer"
"You're looking for the power crystal are you not?"
"How did you know?"
"Look Tai, dad might not have been who you think he is. After killing Jonah dad had to hide the crystals. He broke the power crystal in half and when you were born hide half of the crystal in your head via surgery. A couple of years later, he did the same with me. The man wants the crystals. If we don't want to die we need to get them out, as soon as possible"
"Dad wouldn't.."
"Dad did Tai"
"Well, how are we going to get them out?"
"What do you think?"
"I'm not going into surgery and neither are you!"
"There's no other way"
"Who's going to do it?
I knew he knew the answer to his own question. He just didn't wanna believe it.
"No Kari that's too dangerous, he's not even out of school yet!"
"There isn't another opinion"
"We'll talk to the others, we should get going"
"Ya I guess we should"
Tai and I walked out and met back up with Tk and Matt and started walking back to our place. I was having trouble walking so Tk offered to carry me. What a gentleman! I held him close as he piggybacked me home.
"Are you sure you're okay?" Tk asked for the four-time today
"I already told you besides a couple of bruises and a little bit of blood, I'm fine, for real" I respond
"Just making sure. I really missed you. I was scared you were really gone"
"You can't get rid of me that easy"
"Glad to hear"
For the last week, my lucky pink hair clip had been missing. I may sound like a bratty child saying this but I refuse to put anything else in my hair. I was constantly having to blow my hair out of my face as I was without my lucky pink hair clip.
"Urgh stupid hair"
"What's wrong?"
"I lost my hair clip a couple of days ago and now my hair won't stay out of my face"
"I might be able to fix that"
"How are you going to do that Mr. perfect?"
He reached into his pocket and pulled out none other than my lucky pink hair clip.
"You left it at the lunch table last Friday"
"Oh, Tk how thoughtful! You're the best!"
I wrapped my arms around his shoulders nearly suffocating him in pure joy. I loved him, I loved him a lot. And if that kiss wasn't lying, I say he loved me back. Now there's only one problem. Davis.

Authors note: And we're back! going to be posting weekly now. Took a little bit of a break from writing for my spring break to just relax but I am back so enjoy 5 new chapters!