1.

Amora

My hand lightly traced down onto the black, cold metal railing as I slowly walked down the stairs that led into the living room.

I held my gaze on the hardwood floor, and I finally looked up once entering the kitchen to meet with Rose.

She stood by the counter and was filling her bag with personal items up until I walked in. She sent me a sad smile, rested the bag back down and held out her arms.

My lips curled down into a frown and I slowly walked over. She wrapped her arms around me tightly as I closed my eyes and rested my head onto her shoulder.

"I'll only be gone for a few months. Then when I come back, the'll be a little mini me running around" she laughed, softly stroking my hair.

I didn't reply, continuing to hold onto her tightly. Desperately not wanting to let her go.

"Hey.. look at me?" She softly ordered, slightly pulling away as she grabbed onto my arms.

"I know your life hasn't been.. the exact best over the past few months. Oh but I hate seeing this happen to you. When I come back, I'd really like to see that bright smile you would give me every time I walked into a room. I really miss it, you know?" she sighed, softly rubbing her hand up and down my arms.

I slowly nodded and averted my gaze down to the ground. My eyes began to sting and I chewed onto my bottom lip in hopes to distract myself.

"I can't wait too see her" I softly piped, looking down to her now pregnant stomach.

She smiled and followed my gaze, nodding her head in agreement. "I know. Me neither. I promise, when I come back. You'll have all access to her wardrobe"

I nodded, continuing to stare down at the floor as she continued to rub my arms in comfort.

Slowly she sighed, removing her arm and placing her hand onto the straps of the bag that was resting on the counter.

"I should go. Evan's already waiting outside" she informed, sighing as she slowly lifted up the bag. Evan, from what she's told me is her boyfriend of 4 years.

I nodded, reluctantly following behind her as she walked out of the kitchen. She walked through the living room and stopped once reaching the front door.

"Your dad was nice enough to still pay me for the months I would be gone" she turned around and lightly laughed.

I cracked a small smile and nodded. "I'm surprised"

"Don't rip yourself apart because of him. I know he's tough but, he loves you. And is very proud of you" she stated, continuing to stare at me.

I slowly nodded, once feeling my eyes begin to burn again I huffed and brought her into another embrace.

"I'm going to miss you so much it's killing me here!" she too huffed, wrapping her arms around me.

Slowly we pulled apart, and she gave me a soft smile as she brushed away a strand of hair from my forehead.

"Don't be so sad. I'll be back soon ok?" She informed, picking back up her bag from off the floor.

I sadly nodded my head. She seemingly noticed the sad nod and sighed before turning around and pulling the door open.

My eyes remained on her and I sent her a wave when she turned around. She smiled and waved back before turning around, finally closing the door behind her.

The house now fell silent, as I continued to stare at the door. Slowly I turned around, wiping off my eyes as I made my way back up the stairs.

——————

Ahh, first chapter! Sorry it's pretty boring and short though. But I'm really excited to start this story.