14.

Benny

I held my gaze up on the plain white painted ceiling. Softly circling a baseball between both my hands.

Suddenly the phone on my desk that was rested across the room rang. I paused for a moment, lowered the ball and with a sigh pushed myself off from the bed.

I walked over and stopped in front of the desk. I placed the ball aside before picking up the still ringing phone.

"Hello?"

"Benny? Please, please for the love of god! Tell me this is the right number" Carries voice huffed.

"Carrie?" I questioned

"Yes! Thank jesus ok listen moron. Amora.. she ugh I just need you to come with William and I" she ordered.

"Why? What-

"Got it? Good. We're going over at.. 8"

And with that she cut off the line, leaving me to slowly lower the phone and look down at it in confusion.

———————

"What the hell do you guys need me for?" I questioned, looking between the two as they sat in front of me.

"Because. You're the one who knew where she was last time. So, therefore you'll know where she is now" Carrie explained with a simple shrug.

"What? That doesn't even make.." I rolled my eyes, my head falling with a sigh as I decided to not protest further. "So then what now?"

"Huh.. you think she might be with those guys again?" William who sat at the drivers seat questioned.

"Mhm. It's 8. With Papa Ruben there's no way she'd be out at this time and not be doing something fishy. But, we just don't know where exactly" Carrie informed, and shook her head with a sigh.

She glanced back at me from the front seat and crossed her arms. "So Benny. Tell me, where she at?"

"What! How the fuck am I supposed to know where she is? You're her best friend?" I exclaimed, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion.

"Well, excuse me? You better watch your language with me-

"Ok ok! Will you guys shh already. You're so loud!" William cut her off with a grumble.

"Listen Will, I'm worried here too but do not yell at me right now" Carrie huffed and brushed him off.

I sighed, rolling my eyes as I looked out the window. "How's your leg?" I questioned, seeing what happened just a few days ago.

"Yeah.. you sprained it pretty bad in that little fight.  I told you, you should've listened to Amora when she said to take of your heels!" William added, shaking his head in disappointment.

"Oh shut up. It's already fine" she huffed, waving us both away.

"My god, what the hell is she doing Carrie? This is.. this is just not like her" William sighed frustratedly, averting the subject back to Amora.