5.

Amora

My eyes kept gaze on the house aside me, slowly bringing the car to a stop right in front. Keeping the engine on I removed one hand off the wheel and pushed on the car horn for a honk.

Soon the front door opened revealing Carrie who waved at me as she walked out of her house.

"Girlfriend!" I smiled, watching as she walked around the car.

"Amora!" She followed, sending me a smile as she took the seat in front next to me.

"Are you ready! We're in junior year Amora!" She exclaimed, shaking my arm excitedly.

"Yeah.. how fun?" I said with a sarcastic smile and simply shrugged.

"Oh c'mon! Aren't you just excited? Two more years and we are out baby!" She cheered, clapping her hands in excitement.

"Ecstatic for school? No way, Carrie" I sarcastically snorted, shaking my head at her statement.

"Oh whatever. So.. you went over to his house right?" She slowly questioned, the excitement in her tone leaving.

I slowly nodded, my smile dropping to a frown at the mention as I lightly pushed onto the gas and drove off down the road.

"Well how..was it then?" She questioned, picking up her bag from off the floor and digging through it.

"It was ok.. I saw Benny?" I softly replied, glancing at her briefly.

"He.. didn't seem the happiest to see me but, it's ok" I explained with a slight shrug.

"Ugh that complete dirtbag, I don't get why you're still wasting your time on him Amora" she scoffed, shaking her head as she pulled out a lipstick tube from her bag.

I looked over at her now with a glare as if she had offended me. "I don't expect him to be happy too see me. I'm his ex girlfriend Carrie and now suddenly I'm showing up at his house?"

She stared at me for a moment before ultimately sighing. She crossed her arms and leaned back as she slowly nodded understandingly.

I soon drove down the familiar street instantly making Carrie whip around in her seat, scanning the area in confusion.

"Uh.. Amora, this isn't the way too school?" She questioned, turning towards me and perking up an eyebrow.

"I know. Nat asked me if I can drive her and Benny too school since Luis isn't there anymore and their mom..well I mean you know is going through a rough time too" I explained, briefly glancing over towards her with a shrug.

"Huh? Amora have you bonked your head or something? Why would you drive that jerk too school?" She questioned with a disbelieved scoff.

"Carrie stop it already. The boy is going through a much hard time right now. The least I can do is drive him and his sister too school, alright?" I huffed, glancing over and sending her a look.

She huffed, crossing her arms again as she plopped back into her seat. I soon made my way towards the familiar house, slowly coming to a stop in front of the home.