10.

Amora

I ran a hand through my hair, titling my head with a frown as I looked into the mirror.

I continued to stare at myself for a moment, squeezing my eyes shut once feeling my eyes begin to burn. Fucking- shit why must I be such a sensitive baby.

But god, was the stuff really killing me.

Today, I just didn't feel it. I suppose. I didn't feel seemingly happy with myself like I usually did. Especially not after what those trolls would say about me. Not just at diners or whenever they'd randomly see me out in public, in school too.

Of course I get many stupid remarks from stupid people like Aubrey and Amber that I can easily brush off. But, oh was this a whole other level with it now being Benny.

Usually, I didn't mind the face that looked back at me in the mirror. But, now for some reason I did, I couldn't even look at myself?

Slowly I turned away and stepped into my closet. My hand reached over onto the side of the wall and flickered on the small lightbulb that was held on the ceiling.

I ran my hands through the rack of clothes for a moment before pausing, and with a tired sigh I turned around and slowly walked out.

-——————

I sucked in a small breathe, slowly releasing it as I made my way towards my locker. I opened up my own locker and looked through my things, when soon hearing the voice of Carrie and William behind me.

"Oh my god Will I swear to god you're making me want to rip out my ears" Carrie groaned, throwing her hands up.

I turned around to see William who laughed as Carrie squeezed her eyes shut, muffling her ears tightly.

Slowly Carrie lowered her hands, opening her eyes and immediately gasping once seeing me.

"Oh my god.. are those shoes.. with laces?" She gulped, motioning down to my feet with a shaking finger.

I looked down, frowning with a simple shrug "Yeah?"

William and Carrie immediately looked to each other, sharing worried looks as they swallowed hard.

"What.. what's wrong?" I slowly questioned, my lips remaining a frown as I looked between the two.

"Nothing.. uh, let's get you too class" Carrie sighed, taking my wrist and leading me away.

I sighed, turning back once they stopped in front of the classroom as they gave smiles and waves before turning around and walking away.

I adjusted the straps on my shoulders, taking in a small breathe before stepping into the classroom, immediately getting blared with the chatters from the everyone inside.

I made my way towards my desk, rolling my eyes once hearing Amber who let out a laugh once seeing me.

"Oh my god, I thought I'd never see the day where Amora Sanchez finally wore flats" Amber snickered, glancing me up and down.

I shook my head, resting my head into my hand as I tried my hardest to ignore the little annoying snickers from her

——————-