12.

Amora

I walked out of the classroom, abruptly pausing in my tracks once being faced with an angered looking Carrie and William.

"Where were you yesterday?" Carrie questioned, crossing her arms with a terrifying stern look on her face.

"Uh..emergency shoe sale?" I unsurely replied, cracking a small smile.

"I'm not buying it, you snuck out. What's wrong with you!" William exclaimed, pointing firmly at me.

"No I did not! How could you accuse me of that?" I scoffed in disbelief and crossed my arms.

"Because it's true! Amora what is wrong with you-

"I cannot do this right now" I cut him off, my hands quickly making their way to my ears to muffle them.

I walked pass them and down the hall, quickly rushing into the bathroom and into a stall. I waited for a moment, sighing in relief once hearing the bell ring. Slowly, and as quietly as possible I unlocked the stall to walk out.

I walked out of the bathroom, glancing around before quickly walking down the hall and turning the corner to see the familiar group.

"Geez you take forever" Emily groaned as her eyes rolled.

"Sorry" I sighed, walking over and meeting up with them.

"Are we going or what? Ms. Geist always checks the halls after every class starts" Darian questioned, looking between the two of us.

Emily nodded, glancing back down the hall before waving us all too follow.

——————-

I stared down at the cement ground, my fingers lightly playing with the hem of my sleeved shirt as I continued to listen to the chatters of the group that sat beside me.

"Hey brunette barbie! What's up with you?" Emily suddenly questioned, nudging my arm.

"Nothing.. I'm just thinking?" I shrugged, continuing to stare down at the ground in deep thought.

"Oh I know what will make you feel better" Darian chimed in, and with a laugh dug into his black backpack.

I watched as he pulled out a bottle of clear liquid, holding it up for the rest to cheer and clap.

"What is it?" I questioned, looking between them all in confusion.

"It's vodka toots what else?" Darian informed, shaking his head with a laugh.

I watched as the bottle was passed around with each of them taking a drink from it, before it was soon passed over to me.

I stared at it in my hand, my eyebrows knitting together unsurely as I thought. "Uh..?"

"Oh come on.. a little alcohol won't hurt anyone" Emily snickered, nudging my shoulder to usher me forward.

I sighed, looking back up to see them all nod. Slowly I brought the bottle to my lips, closing my eyes as I tilted my head back and took a sip.