22.

Amora

"I don't understand why you need to get a job!"

"I have too. I've already used up all my allowance this week and I'm definitely not using his money to buy him a gift like last time" I explained, frowning slightly at the memory.

"Do you know what happens to people with jobs. Horrid. It's terrible, don't do it Amora!" She exclaimed, frantically grabbing ahold of my shoulders.

I grumbled and lowered her hands. "You've never even had a job Carrie?"

"That don't matter. I'm sure it's horrifying, just take a look at this one girl I had in photography class. She got a job, soon before you knew it she dropped out of school.. and we never saw her again" she explained in a tone as if she were telling a horror story.

I simply blinked and stared at her. "I think you're being.. dramatic"

"Oh whatever, I am trying to save you! This is so not happening right now" She grumbled and threw her head down into her hands.

Slowly she lifted her head up to reveal the suspicious smile that was creeping across her face.

"What?" I questioned, furrowing my eyebrows at her expression.

She smiled, simply nodding her head excitedly in response as she grabbed onto my hands. "A job you say? Well I happen to remember that hiring sign plastered on the window of Grubs n' Stuff diner" she informed, smiling proudly.

"The one we always go to? I didn't know that" I thought, my eyebrows knit together in thought as I titled my head.

"Yup! We should go check it out right now!" She suggested, taking my hand and pulling me away.

———————-

My hands tightly clutched onto Carries shoulders as we slowly walked down the sidewalk. "Wow. Who knew heels could.. hurt so much?"

Carrie was in front of me and faced away as I held onto her shoulders while she led me towards our destination. "Mhm, that's what happens when you don't wear heels for months!"

A sigh left my mouth and I frowned. "Yeah well.. I miss my converse's" I muttered under my breath.

"Ok.. so although I've never had a job. I think I know lots about applying for one" Carrie suddenly chirped.

"So, you need to look and be confident. Be sure of your answers to the questions they ask you. I'm sure they'll ask a lot. And with this stunning outfit you look workforce ready already!" She added with an excited clap of her hands.

I nodded, following behind her as she walked up to the diner. Stopping at the entrance.

"Oh.. by the way!" She started, smiling smugly as she took my arm and pulled me aside.

"There's this total hunk that's just around our age who works here too. Ugh I bet you two are totally going to hit it off" She explained, nudging my arm with an excited smile.

"Carrie. I'm not looking for a stupid boyfriend? I'm here too get some money and-

"Oh" I simply breathed, widening my eyes once seeing the boy she pointed out.