25.

Amora

I carefully walked over towards the sink, hoping desperately to not drop any plates and quickly placing them inside.

I sighed in relief, wiping my hands on the apron wrapped around my waist. I patted Terry's back who continued to cook before walking back out towards the front.

"There's a lot people today huh?" Grayson spoke, watching as I walked out of the back room.

"Yup.. my feet are killing me" I groaned, walking off behind the counter to stand next to him.

"Yeah well, we only got an hour left, hang in there" he encouraged, patting my back with a reassuring smile.

I nodded, and with a sigh we both leaned against the counter to scan the room of people.

"Amora.. waiting customer" He laughed, tapping my arm and pointing out.

I threw my head back with a huff, pushing myself off from the counter and walking over.

Soon I returned with many new orders, nearly making me want to die right then and there as I handed them all to Terry through the window.

I groaned, resting my hands against the counter when suddenly the familiar group of my loving friends walked into the diner.

"Hey girl.. geez you look rough" Carrie slowly stated, walking over towards the counter.

"Yeah no kidding?" I muttered, wiping off my skirt with a huff.

"Awe, look at you in your little waiter uniform" Amber mocked, laughing as she looked down to my clothes.

"You're not funny" I rolled my eyes, waving her off.

"What are you guys doing here. Here to torture me?" I questioned, motioning to the others who sat at the counter.

"No. We came to let you know there's a camp out tonight" Kenny informed, sitting down at the chair in front of the counter.

"How nice" I sighed, tightening the ribbon that was tied around my hair.

"We'll are you coming or not?" William questioned, throwing his hands up impatiently.

"Duh.." I trailed off slowly looking over towards Grayson who was talking to Terry through the window.

"Hey.. you guys mind if he comes?" I questioned, looking back towards the group.

They all looked over at him before glancing to each other, sharing looks as they seemingly talked silently through expressions and looks.

"Well can he come or not?" I exclaimed, throwing my hands up, ushering them too hurry.

"Sure Amora, your boyfriend can come" Carrie replied, nodding her head with a teasing smile.

"Oh you're annoying" I rolled my eyes, waving her off before turning around.

"Hey Grayson!" I called, walking over towards him.

"Me and my friends are hanging out tonight and..if you want your welcome to join?" I explained, titling my head slightly with a hopeful smile.