9.

Amora

"Amora" Carrie softly called.

"Come on.. it's your birthday?" Williams voice now slowly added.

I rolled my eyes, a soft sniffle leaving as I continued to firmly hold the blanket over my head. "Can you guys stop?"

"I cannot stand this! Amora please.. come out. I'm not letting you spend your birthday like this" Carrie stated, letting out a light huff.

Once getting no response from me they both let out sad sighs. I knitted my eyebrows together in confusion once hearing the room now fell completely silent.

Suddenly the blanket was yanked off of me. I quickly reached up to grab ahold of it when abruptly pausing once noticing the group of boys who stood in the room.

I froze, looking to each of the sandlot boys that all looked at me with complete sadness. Immediately I wiped off my eyes, letting out a huff as I slowly sat up from the bed.

"What are you guys doing here?" I softly questioned.

"We couldn't not see you on your birthday?" Kenny let out a soft laugh, slowly walking towards me.

"Yeah.. what are you thinking?" Squints smiled, shrugging slightly.

"Yeah yeah truly.. did you really think we were going to leave you alone on your birthday?" Yeah-yeah added, frowning slightly.

My lips too curled down into a frown, looking down once feeling a tear run down my cheek.
I sucked in a sharp breathe, throwing my head into my hands as I let out a cry, not even being able to attempt to hold it in.

Moments later a few pairs of arms wrapped around me, making me let out another cry as I wrapped my arms around them tightly.

I cried into whoever I was now holding's shoulder, feeling my back being rubbed lightly as I struggled to catch my breathe.

Moments later of embrace, I slowly pulled away. Wiping off my cheek while looking up to see them all standing in front of me.

"I swear to god, I'm going to kick his ass" Kenny muttered, shaking his head with a huff.

"Just say the word Amora. And I'm off, off. Zoom. Heading straight to his house" Bertram added, rubbing my shoulder with one hand and pointing towards the door with the other.

I cracked a small smile. Shaking my head and rubbing my eyes. "It's ok.. god no don't do that"

"If it helps.. we brought you presents" Scotty slowly chimed in.

I smiled watching as they set down the many gifts in front of me, making my mood instantly brighten at the smiles they gave me.

——————

A few hours later, the boys soon left. Not after watching million movies with me.

So now I sat with Carrie and William who decided to stay with me, while we all quietly watched the tv in front of us. Well, that was until my mind clouded with thoughts again.