23.

Amora

2 weeks later

"Oh please tell me it's almost time!" I whined, tiredly carrying myself over towards Grayson who stood behind the counter.

He laughed, checking his watch before smiling with a nod. "Actually yeah, it's 6:55"

An immediate smile spread onto my face and I clapped my hands. "Ugh yes! I made it!"

"So.. how was it up here working the register?" I questioned, walking behind the counter to stand next to him.

"It's good.. it's funny watching you run around the place" he teased, nudging my arm with a laugh.

"Oh wow, how nice to see you enjoying my suffering" I scoffed sarcastically, rolling my eyes at him.

He laughed, shaking his head as he looked back towards the now nearly empty diner. "Hey what do you say we well I don't know we could hang out?" He questioned with a shrug.

"Hang out? Right now?" I questioned, titling my head slightly.

"Well it doesn't have to be now, I know how tired you get after your shift. So..it could be tomorrow. Saturday?" He suggested, scratching his head with a smile.

I cracked a small smile, and with a shrug I nodded. "Sure, tomorrow's ok. Where we meeting?"

"Uh.. here? We won't hang here but we can just meet up here"

"Ok.. sure! I'll see you" I smiled, nodding in agreement.

He smiled, sending me a wave and watched as I walked away. I grabbed onto my things and turned towards Terry who was visible by the small window where the order tickets go. I too sent him a small wave and smile before walking out.

——————

Pushing open the clear door sent immediate cool air at me and I sighed in relief seeing just how warm it was outside. I scanned the room and immediately spotted the group that were sat at a booth.

I looked around the area, seeing no Grayson yet and shrugged as I decided to walk over.

I slid right into the booth next to William, making him jump back and let out a sharp shriek.

"Amora!" They all exclaimed once seeing me.

"Oh my god I totally got you!" I laughed, playfully nudging Williams arm.

"No you didn't? Pfft.. not at all" he scoffed, shaking his head in denial.

"Yes you did, you screamed like a little girl!" I teased, poking at his arm.

"Whatever, I'm not talking to you right now" he shook his head, holding his hand up.

"Yeah.. whatevuh" I mocked his accent and stifled a laugh.

He let out another scoff, turning away from me. I smiled and rolled my eyes as I looked back towards the others.

"What are you guys doing here?" I questioned, looking back towards the group who sat in front of me.