32.

Amora

I lightly hummed to myself while I stood a few feet away from the closet in front of me, staring at the clothes that were hung inside.

"What do you think?" I questioned, pulling out a hanger that held a top and turning around.

I turned around, tilting my head as I looked over at Layla that was laid in the bed in front of me. Quietly holding up a toy and waving it around in the air.

"Yeah, me too" I huffed, shaking my head as I hung it back up.

Suddenly then the phone on my desk rang. Sighing I walked over, leaning against the table as I placed the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?" I questioned.

"Amora..you busy?" Bennys voice spoke.

"Uh.. no why?" I replied, glancing back over towards Layla with a shrug.

"Uh- can I come over? I just.. really want too talk to you" he questioned abruptly.

My head titled. His question left me in confusion as I thought over a few reasons of what he might want to talk about. Dad's making him do some work again and he's sick of it? Or maybe that's an excuse just to see Layla again? Who knows.

"Uh.. sure?" I replied, again with a shrug.

Then the line cut, making me furrow my eyebrows as I brought the phone down. Staring down at it in complete confusion.

—————

"So Lay, that is why you should never ever layer your clothing on a day in August. Was a complete, disastrous mess" I sighed, shaking my head at the memory.

Suddenly then the bedroom door opened to reveal Benny. I smiled, shooting up from the bed as I picked up Layla with me.

"Look Lay, it's Benny!" I smiled, looking down at her as I motioned towards him.

I watched as he walked over, cracking into a small smile as he took her from my arms

Stepping back I smiled, watching as he was grinning and gushing over her like a complete idiot.

But, I had noticed one thing. Although he was smiling crazily, he didn't have the same excitement and happiness in his eyes like he did before when seeing the adorable little baby.

I could tell there was something definitely wrong, which only made me nervous at what he wanted to talk about.

I was still though very confused and unsure about this. I mean, I certainly know that I wouldn't really want my boyfriend to be going over towards his ex girlfriends house. Alone.

I smiled and rolled my eyes at Benny who followed her gaze, looking back and forth between Layla and I.

"Are you serious? I held you for one minute and you already want to leave" Benny questioned with a scoff.

"Oh my goodness I am just obsessed with you!" I squealed, walking over with my hands out.

"I'm sorry. She just likes me more, can you blame her?" I teased, smiling as he handed her back over to me.