27.

Benny

My head fell to the side with a sigh, and I continued to lightly chew on the mint gum in my mouth as I looked down to Josie who continued to fix the buttons on my shirt.

"Are you done yet?" I questioned impatiently, considering she had stopped me three times already.

"Shh. This is the first time I'm meeting Amora's dad, and I will not have you looking like you rolled out of bed" she scolded, pointing a finger at me.

Though I rolled my eyes I held a smile. I took ahold of her her hand and forcefully pulled her into the house.

Immediately once we walked in I noticed the house of adults who all wore very formal looking suits and tux's. Must be Ruben's lawyer friends or something.

I was pulled away from them once seeing Carrie and the rest of the guys who were walking over towards us.

"Wow Josie, you sure fixed this boy up. From dirty jeans and pf flyers to this!" Carrie teased, nudging Josies arm with a smile.

"Oh I know! It was like putting a cat in water" Josie groaned, shaking her head at me.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head, scanning the room briefly before turning back towards Carrie. "Where's Amora?"

"Oh that girl is taking years!" Madeline groaned at the mention, throwing her head back with a huff.

"I swear.. I'm this close to going up there and dragging her down myself" William now chimed in, shaking his head with a sigh.

"She's still getting ready. And don't even Will, you know how angry she gets when anyone interrupts her 'glamour time', she'll kill you" Carrie laughed, air quoting with her fingers.

I nodded, sighing as I looked away and back towards Josie who smiled as she was seemingly already looking at me.

"What?" I questioned, cracking a small laugh.

"I just cannot believe.. how good you look right now. I did such a good job!" She exclaimed, motioning towards my clothes.

"Yeah whatever.. you look nice too" I smiled, pulling her in closer towards me.

She rolled her eyes with a smile before reaching up and pecking my lips.

I smiled, slowly looking away. My face fell and I suddenly grew chills at the sight of Amora walking down the stairs.

"Wow.. and that's my best friend. Sheesh!" Carrie called, shaking her head in astonishment.

Amora simply rolled her eyes and breathed in deeply with a huff, causing her chest to rise and her collarbones to deepen. And for that my chewing on the gum in my mouth hardened and I looked away.

She stepped down the stairs with a smile as she looked over towards us, and for a second my heart nearly stopped at the thought of her smiling at me.

But she wasn't, she looked past me, making me look back to see Grayson who now stood behind us.

"Gray? Is that you who I'm looking at!" She exclaimed, widening her eyes in awe.