Chapter 2

May 31,2020

The place of today's photo shoot is different than the last and it seems to be a bigger park. There are more greenery around and since I arrived earlier I have been exploring the deserted park. I seem to be the only one here and that's probably why I have been in my brain for so long.

Another day where my schedule is full as my head. Thoughts of seeing my new friend and being able to talk to someone thats not my parents makes me look forward to today. I had a rough week with lots of dance practice and extra jobs varying from running errands for my neighbors and teaching a kids dance class. I haven't had a minute for myself and even though I will be doing another job it does not feel like work anymore. Being able to be around someone that listens to me makes it all worth it. I know I have my parents but I can't go to them with how I feel. They have their own problems with my dad being in a wheelchair and my mom having to help him with everything. How can I share my feelings when I know theirs are so much worse. They all seem so sad lately and it's because of how drastic our life has changed. My mom tries to put up a front of always being positive but I know she hates seeing my dad like this. The wheelchair is not the problem, the real problem is his attitude. He has given up on life and it's hard to even see him smile. He is no longer the excited, adventurous guy I have known all my life. They both do their best to make us think they are happy but I know the truth.

This might sound dramatic but meeting someone like Ara has been a blessing. After we met over a month ago we have been texting almost everyday and she is always checking up on me. She has been planning a girls night for today and I will get to finally meet her best friend Hae. She talks about her a lot and I am very excited to meet her. I really hope she likes me and I could be part of their friendship. Having two best friends could be pretty cool and probably for the first time in my life I would have people that really do care about me. I have tried my best to make friends with the girls on my dance group but they don't seem to like me. I have wrecked my brain thousands of times to figure out why they seem to ignore me but I can't figure it out. Back in Paris I was friends with everyone in my group and I never had any issues like this. I was still the shy one of the group but the rest of the crew treated me like their little sister and looked out for me. I don't know if that will ever happen with this new group. It doesn't seem likely the way things are going.

"Hey Sun" I hear from behind me and I turn to see my beautiful friend walk towards me.

"Good morning" I say bowing my head and I take my mask off to show her my smile.

"How long have you been waiting?" Ara asks copying me by taking her mask off and placing her many bags on the grass.

"Not long, I was exploring the place" I say moving my hand around to point at the gorgeous landscape.

"Are you ready for today?" she questions and I shake my head in a yes. "Perfect we shouldn't take that long today. I only need a few shots and I think we will be done. " She says taking out her equipment and cameras.

"Great I have a class this afternoon and I don't want to be late. I really want to finish in time for our girls night" I emphasize really hoping this wont take long.

"Oh yes how can I forget. I am really looking forward to signing Mia up for one of those classes once she is a little bit older" Ara is aware that another of my side gigs is teaching a toddler ballet class. I got the job through my dance company due to being the only one with extensive ballet training. The classes are only a few days of the week and are held at the same dance studio the group uses for practice.