Chapter 11

August 17,2020

"Where are they?" Ji-Hoon sighs in frustration as he looks between his watch and the dance crew. We all surround him some of us half asleep as we wait on his instructions.

"I know they should have been here hours ago but there is nothing we can do hyung" Kang tries to calm Ji-hoon and it seems to work when he sighs again in defeat.

"This is so unprofessional" Nari scoffs and I do my best not to roll my eyes.

"They have a good reason for being late" I say under my breath knowing I am the only one in the room that knows the reason. I feel multiple eyes on me and I look up to notice my crew is looking my way and I think they heard me.

"Is there anything you want to add Sun-Hee" Ji-Hoon asks raising an eyebrow.

"Umm.. Nothing" I say cursing myself for almost giving away my secret. I still haven't told them I work for the company that owns the building we are standing in now. I haven't told anyone my boss is none other than Jhope one of the 7 guys we have been waiting for all morning.

"Do you know something we don't?" Kang asks and when I meet his eyes I can see the same disgust I always see in Nari. This is something that has caught me by surprise even more than their engagement. For some reason Kang's attitude has completely changed towards me and he seems to take in the feelings of people he is around.

"I just think they must have a good reason for not being here" I say and this time I find my voice. Unsurprisingly I don't like when people talk bad about my friends specially when they are not here to defend themselves. BTS are my friends and I will not allow anyone to badmouth them. "They have always been very professional" I enunciate the last word hoping Nari will hear my tone. "We should understand that they are very busy and we have no right to judge or complain. We are getting paid for this time and they will join us eventually" Of course I know the real reason they are running late but I am not telling anyone.

Last week the agency called our crew to come in today for practice. We were told we would be backup dancers for BTS and even though I was nervous about the news I was looking forward to it. The call time was 6 in the morning and we were all here on time but BTS was running late. The staff told us they would join us 30 minutes later but 30 minutes turned into hours. I knew from the very begging that it would take longer than that. Min had texted me in the middle of the night and filled me in on what was happening. Ella had woken up filling sicker than usual and Namjoon took her to an urgent clinic to make sure she and baby were ok. The other member's refused to come to practice until Ella was home. Thankfully it was a false alarm and Ella was sent home with a strict order of bed rest.

"Sun is right we should just wait" Jae says with her usual calm smile and I look her way to give her a thankful bow of my head. "We should use this time to practice our routine so we will be prepare when they arrive" Jae gets up from the floor where we have all been sitting. She is a true morning person and she seems to be in a good mood like always. I watch as she tries to cheer the others and I decide to follow her good mood and I get up with her.

After 4 songs we decide to take a break and I take a seat next to Jae on the floor where we were before. We are all out of breath after dancing non stop and I watch as some of the guys take a sip of water and the girls take a seat across Jae and I. Ji-Hoon, Nari and Kang have been standing by the door all this time and I think they continue to wait in frustrations for the members to arrive.