Chapter 24

"Good night bunny" my mom's words fill my ears and her voice is the link I needed to imagine I am home again. The anxiety of being away from my family for the first time has cripple my emotions to the point that I needed to break down. I needed a good cry and that's what I did. I cried silently for almost an hour while my parents shared the phone with my grandparents to tell me how much they missed me. For that hour I used Hobi's strong back as the chain that held me together. Now that I have found the strength to click the end button I fully realize that this man has not moved a muscle since I made his back my safe heaven. He didn't protest or pulled away once and his endurance amazes me for a second. But once that second is over an overwhelming feeling of shame and embarrassment takes over.

"I am sorry" Is all that comes to mind and my voice is lower than I mean it.

"I'm not" I feel the vibration of his voice in my cheek and it dawns on me that I haven't moved. My face still glued to his back. I pull away quickly giving a much needed space between us. He doesnt move from the same position he has been since he entered this room.

"I think I just need to sleep." I say getting up from my comfortable position. I stand here not knowing what to do and I don't turn around not wanting to face him. "Thank you" I whisper loud enough to make sure he hears me but low enough to avoid further embarrassment. I take a deep breath and the sound fills the silent room. My feet start to move unconsciously but before I can get any further from him I feel his hand grab my wrist. I jump at his touch and how the spot where he is touching me feels on fire. He doesn't give me a chance to process what is happening as he flips my arm turning my whole body around to face him. I don't have time to lower my head before he slams his lips to mine. I am frozen in my spot but my lips have a mind of their own. They move with his as he devours me. The kiss is familiar but at the same time is unknown. I know his lips like the back of my hand and I have felt them touch mine countless of times but never like this. Before it has always been quick, rough, hungry, lustful and painful in a good way. But this time those same lips are slow, gentle, sweet and filled with more longing than mine. He uses them flawlessly to caress mine and it's a feeling I have never felt before.

In seconds his hands are on my face and he deepens the kiss as my tongue dances with his. I expect him to guide us to the bed but we don't move. His hands are the only ones to move as they make their way to my waist as he pulls me closer. Now I can feel his chest and for an unexplained reason I am no longer homesick. Being in his arm is my true home. I know I have been avoiding this feeling since I met him. I never felt at home since I left Paris and It scared me that someone I just met could finally make me feel what my family could not. My parents tried so hard to help  me adjust to my new life in Korea and I tried my best. But it never felt right until I met him. I refused to believe it and convinced myself that it was just a silly crush for an idol. I thought I was just fangirling  and my true love was someone else. But I can't deny it anymore I am utterly in love with Jung Hoseok. I am deeply in love with him and just him.

The kiss that has made me realize my true feelings ends to my disappointment and Hobi pulls away slowly taking my breath and heart with him. I feel my knees weaken and I think he knows because he doesn't let go of me. I try to get my thoughts together to say something but the way he is looking at me is making it really hard. His eyes are filled with the same longing and sadness I felt in his lips and it hurts my heart to see it. I smile wanting to cheer him up and he surprises me by moving his nose over mine and it takes me back to the first time he did it. I always thought it was adorable and the best part of his kisses. For a split moment the thought of him ever stopping hurts my heart. How did I live without it before? The answer is. I didn't. For the last couple of months I have been an emotionless zombie and now I am finally alive.