Chapter 9

August 15,2020

The low alarm ringtone wakes me up and I am met with the darkness of my room that currently matches my broken heart. I quickly grab my phone to turn off my alarm afraid the sound will wake up Jun Jun. My day will be starting at 4AM but Jun still need his sleep. I get up quickly to make my bed and I think about my huge to do list for today. I get myself dressed as quiet as possible and I don't put any thought on what I am wearing. I end up in sweats and a bucket hat with my hair in two low buns. I will be performing my duties of assistant and I know the day will be a long one.

"Good Morning sweetheart" My mom surprises me as soon as I walk in the kitchen. I was not expecting for her to be up this early. "You look so tired, I don't know why you have to wake up so early" she says while getting my lunch bag ready. I told my mom about my new job a few weeks ago and she has been very worried ever since. I haven't fully gone into details about what my job entails. She knows I work for BigHit as an assistant but I haven't been able to tell her I work so close to BTS. I don't know what I am scared of but I just know I can't tell her, but not just her. I haven't told anyone in my life except for the girls in the member's life.

"I am not tired mom. I promise" I say making sure she is looking at me. I don't want her to worry about me all day but I know she will. "One of the groups the company manages has a music video coming out soon and the staff needs to be there as early as possible to help with what is needed." I try to explain as vaguely as possible. I can't tell her that in the last 2 months I have been Jhope's assistant. I can't tell her that I have become so close to all the members that now my heart is a mess of emotions because of one of them. I can't tell her that a few weeks ago I got so drunk that I kissed him. I can't tell her I slept in the same bed as him and I was so enthralled in what I felt that I continued kissing him shamelessly until he had to stop me. How can I tell my mom all of this without feeling like I betrayed all her trust.

"I am not happy about this but I do wish you a good day" She says putting my last bento box together before closing my lunch bag. "I made you plenty of snacks to keep you full throughout the day but I do hope you wont need them and you will come home early"

"I will do my best mom" I say as she hands me my bag. I lean closer to kiss her cheek and she smiles.

"When is Hae picking you up?" she ask and I unconsciously flinch knowing I don't like lying to my mom. I knew the only way she would let me go to work this early was if I told her someone would give me a ride. It was easier telling my mom Hae would pick me up. Usually my job does not start until 9AM and I take the bus which is no problem but since the guys are practicing and filming for the new music video our days start earlier. None of the staff have any problems going at any time of the day since most have cars or live close to the company. I am a little further away and I have refused Hae's offer of a ride multiple times. I don't want to be a burden to anyone and specially my friends.

"She should be outside" I say disgusted at myself for another lie.

"Fighting" She says kissing my forehead and I head out to a poorly lit street.

The usual busy block is empty and the houses look to be asleep like the owners inside. No lights adorm the dark windows and while walking to the bus stop I try to keep my head down and not really think about the fact that I am all alone in a dark street. I fish for my phone in my backpack and I find my wireless headphones. I put one in my ear and decide on one of my playlist to pass the time while I wait for the bus. Once I feel that I have made it to the end of the street I lookup. A very luxurious car parked a few feet from me catches my attention and I walk slower. These type of cars are very rare in my neighborhood and curiosity gets the best of me when I get closer to it. When I am about to pass the car I hear the driver door open and I look away. I feel my stomach hit the sidewalk under me and my slow pace quickens.