nine

I was wasting my time, enjoying some Ed Sheeran's songs. Looking out the window like an old woman.

My phone buzzed and Matthew's name was on it.
"Hey, what's up?" i answered Matthew's call.

"Just checking up on you." he said.

I smiled, "That's nice of you."

I could hear him chuckling on the other line, "What are you up to?" he asked.

"Nothing, actually." i said. "More to a home girl."

"Oh, thought you're out." he said. "So, should i pick you up at 5?"

"5 is good, i'll text you the address." i replied.

"Alright, see ya!" he said and hung up. Now i know that he is a lovely man for sure, i have nothing to worry about. I looked at the time and it was 2:00 pm which means that i still have a plenty of time for a good nap.

When i woke up, it was 4:18 pm. I immediately rushed to the bathroom to get ready to see Matt. Since i had no idea where he was taking me, i would go with a casual. Jeans and t-shirt.

Later, someone was knocking. I grabbed my phone from the charger and when i checked on it, turns out it didn't charge at all. Fuck. I'll just leave here to charge then.
When i opened the door, there he is, i supposed. Black haired and brown eyed. I think i have seen him somewhere.

He threw a smile at me, "Hi, Kate."

"Matt! You did it, you found me." i said and hugged him. His scent was amazing, i don't know how to explain it, but it was bloody amazing, makes you want to hug him more.

He handed me a small white rose, with a little white bow on the bottom of it. I glady accepted it, "You don't have to, but thanks." Gee, he is a keeper for sure.

"You know what, i think we have met before..." i trailed. "But maybe it's just some stranger that look alike of you." i said, not wanting to give him the creepy feeling. But then it hit me, he was the guy from the grocery store that i accidentaly bumped into. Do you remember??

"Wait or no..." i said. "Oh god, you're the guy in the grocery store! I'm so embarassed now." i laughed and covered my face with the rose.

"You don't have to, i remember it. You were struggling with your trolley." He smiled. He was cute, thanks Caroline.

"I was." i bit my lip.

"You look nice." he said, and i looked at my outfit. "Yeah i suppose we are going casual?" i said.

He nodded, "Shall we?"

He drove us to a small cafe, almost similiar to Pepper but smaller.

"Lovely." i said, and he returned with a small smile, "They said they have a great food."

I looked up the menu and a dish catched my attention, "Chicken Waffles?" i cringed.

"What? You never tried it?" Matt asked me.

I shaked my head, "Sounds weird..."

"It's actually pretty good." he reasurred.

"Okay then, i'll have this one and a coffee." i said.

"Adventurous." he teased. And i smiled.

"You know what, Kate. I'm sorry about Caroline." he apologized.

"Yeah me too, but don't worry about her. I enjoy your company." i reasurred him.

"Alright." he said.