eleven

It has been exactly two days since Niall and I's little fight. To be honest, i felt a bit of sorry for yelling at him. I knew i am the asshole, for not telling him anything about Matt. Well, to me, it wasn't something special you should talk about though, me and Matt, we were just good friends. We've been hanging out more often. We would go to different cafés in the morning, to try out which café has the best tea or coffee, and then we would have it as our consistent place to meet. We haven't found it yet though. It's amazing- how i just met Matt a couple days ago and i felt like he has been my friend for 5 years. It was really comfortable talking to Matt, cause he basically a good listener. And I totally told him about Niall and everything. It was kind of crazy that i already trusted him more than i should be. But, Matt wasn't afraid to share. He was this kind of guy who loves to keep the conversation going, who loves to make their interlocutors feel comfortable, like you could tell anything you want. It was kind of hard to put it into words. But yeah, he was an amazing friend.

He told me maybe Niall was a bit too sensitive and that i should try to talk to him and apologize, if i want to keep our friendship going. He told me it was just "a bump on the road". And i thought about that for a minute or so, til i decided to go and have a talk with him. Matt was right. Niall was indeed a really good friend, if our friendship died down because of just some misunderstanding, that's a waste.

So i went to a mini market and bought some snacks, then i headed to the Search Studio, hoping that the lads were still there. I peeked from the small glass on the door and i saw that they were there, so i knocked.

"Hello?" someone opened the door. I met him before, i swear.

"Hi! Um, Jay? Oh wait no... Jack? Jack isn't it?" i asked him.

He smiled lighlty, "It's Jake. And you are Niall's friend! Come in."

I stepped into the wooden floor and i looked at the recording room, you know the room behind the glass.. Yeah. I saw him, strumming his guitar...

"Hey Jake, are they.. are they recording?" i asked.

"They just finished a song." Jake replied. And i nodded.

"Can you like, um, tell Niall that i want to talk..? I will be waiting outside." i said and he mumbled a 'sure' and then i thanked him.

Honestly, i had no idea what i am going to say.
"Sorry. Bye."
"I am sorry."
"Hi, sorry."
None of that.. okay.. calm, calm calm..

The door was opened and Niall saw me. I swallowed and licked my lips.

"Hey." i said.

"Hi." he replied.

I opened my mouth and closed it, i honestly didn't know what to say.
"Can we have... a nice conversation..? Where we don't scream in front of each other faces..?" i asked. He only answered with a nod. I sat down and he followed me.

"So..." i started, focusing on my fingers, it looked interesting out of the sudden.

"I'm tired.. and I kinda owe you an apology." i said.

There was a quick silence, but then he spoke. "Me too."

I was about to continue but Niall beat me to it.
"Look, i realized i was over reacting and i just.." he sighed "I'm sorry."
"I just.. just hate it when people cancelled on me... And i guess i lost it all at the gig, and i am.. such an asshole." he chuckled and ran his hand through his hair.
"I don't deserve you..." he sighed.

I reached for his knee, started to rub it slowly. "Don't say that."

"I am such an asshole too, i forgot about the gig... i mean come on, what kind of friend that forgets about her mate's concert? Wow what a dickhead." i said and he smiled slightly.