seventeen

NIALL

Songs that remind me of you.

It said.

She left it on my car along with the vinyl of Fleetwood Mac. I knew for sure it was her gift. Nobody went to my car in the last 24 hours but me. Maybe she was about to give it to me back there when she picked me up at the airport but our little accident got in a way and she forgot it.

To be quite honest, if you asked me, Niall, are you mad at Kate? My answer would be no. Then why are you being weird and yelled at her? Bringing back that little gig accident? And my answer would be i don't know.

I've never thought that lovely woman who lived under my ground, whom i just met few months ago, who was in her underwear and were casually asking to use my fire-stairs exit- wouldn't leave my head for six days straight. Kate Parker, somehow, found a way to creep into my head, and i found it hard to get her off my mind.

After all this time thinking of how many boys Kate are seeing, now i know, at least maybe, just one tiny little spark of maybe... she cares. I smiled to myself. Never have i ever thought Kate would actually care for a simple guy like me. I'm a mortal and she's a real life angel. Now guys, i know you're probably thinking "How do you even know she likes you?!" Okay, but, songs that remind me of you?? She thinks about me.. maybe one time or twice, doesn't matter. She thinks of me. She thinks of some songs that remind her of me. That was a big sign. I mean, you heard a song on the radio and the song makes you thought of someone, immidiately you thought everything you could remember about them. Big deal, right?

Who wouldn't love Kate Parker? I know for sure that is a rhetorical question. Buuut... i don't want to rush things. You can't rush love. I don't want to be like it was just some kind of a fling, she was special, she's careful, she is beautiful. I don't want to make the same mistake as the last time i did with Alaska... I guess this time, i'll let the time tells me when is the right time to tell Kate how i really feel.

Talking about last night, i was praying that she would just come up to my birthday. I tried to shrug her off my head, even the alcohol wasn't helping. So, I came back, to see her, that was my only reason. I was sitting at the lobby, thinking what i was gonna to say to her, but i saw her.. stepping down, not by herself, but with a guy. Talking about... a wedding? Was it her brother? Her best friend? Or lover? My head suddenly seemed to spin, and i could feel the alcohol, making my tummy felt twisted. When i came back to the club, Alaska asked me where i have been for the past thirty minutes or so, and i said, nowhere, then i started drinking and drinking and drinking. That was the only thing i could remember. The morning, of course, it was rough. I ran out of advil so i had to go out to buy it, it was chaotic. I looked at her door while i was making my way down, wisihing she would came out from her door... she didn't.

Now i'm sitting here, in front of the studio, holding this tiny CD on my left hand, with a little note that previously plastered on the CD. Reading the sentence over and over again. Songs that reminds me of you.. songs that reminds me of you..

I legit had a debate with myself- play this now or play this later. I had a writing session in the studio with my boys, and i was already late. I was over curious with the mixtape, really, but in the other hand, our first EP was a pretty serious thing and i promised myself i would work my asses off for this EP. Sighing, I put the CD back in the box along with the note and put it on the passenger seat. Later... after studio, i thought.

Louis was the first to noticed me as i walked in the recording room.

"Mad party last night pal!" he cheered.

"Hey Niall!" Liam grinned but then he looked behind my back and said, "You're not bringing Kate?"

"No, she has work." i simply said. Maybe she did. Liam then nodded and i took a seat right next to Harry.