twenty four

I dialed Matt's number immediately to tell him about the dinner that me and Niall are going to have.

Luckily, he picked up by the third tone.

"Hello?" he said.

"Hey, where are you?"

"Home."

"I need to talk to you, it's important."

"...Are you pregnant?" he said.

"What?!" I shrieked. "No! no."

"Oh." he said. "Okay, Fika?"

"Yes. Fika, right now."

"Right. See ya." he said and then he hung up.

Fika was the coffee place that we found perfect for a hang out. It's 'our' place now. I've told you before right? About searching that perfect coffee shop with Matt. Well, we found it. It was located in the 6th ave. Come by sometimes, maybe you'll find us.

I rushed over to Fika with a taxi. And order a caesar salad. Matt came 5 minutes later, greeting me with a hug.

"Traffic." he sighed. "Thanks for ordering me my coffee."

I nodded, "What were you doing?"

"Ah, finishing some papers and what not." he sipped his coffee.

"What do you want to tell me today?" he asked, then picking up the blueberries on my salad. I order them just for him.

"Niall?" i said, sounding like a question.

"Course." he shrugged. "What about it?"

"He.. kind of asked me to dinner.." i said.

Matt didn't say anything first, he seemed to have something on his mind. "Ah.." he said then added, "like today?"

I nodded. Biting my lip, "I said no first, due to our movie night."

"Bummer." he said.

"You're making me feel bad." i said, making a face.

"Well you should. Been wanting to see this and you knew it..." he sighed.

"I know, i know-"

"No no.... it's okay, Kate."

"What?"

He looked at me, "It's fine. I understand."

I looked at him sipping his coffee. Honestly feel bad about it. I know something was bugging him off. Why didn't he tell me?

"Is there something wrong?" i asked him.

He blankly look at me, said a "Hm?" and i repeated myself. He shaked his head.

"I'm just tired." he said.

---------

Were these all of my clothes? Was that it? Why can't i find something to wear? It's just Niall? Why am i like this?

Is black okay? For a date? I mean, i don't want to look like i just got off from a funeral. Wait. Is it even a date?

No, of course no, Kate. Don't flatter yourself. It's just a night out, like what we used to do.

Okay, i decided to go out with a simple navy halter dress that went above my knees. It's quite nice, i got this from a friend last year and i rarely use it because i think its showing my legs too much. I also put on a bit of a smokey eyeshadow, and match my look with a pair of black heels.

I waited for Niall to come and pick me up, i texted Matt first, asking him what he's been up to. He said his sister and her fiance visitted him after we got home from Fika, and Matt asked them to accompany him. Although he said, he was unsure about it at first cause then he'll be a third wheel. But i encouraged him, and promised that i'll make it up to him later.