twenty two

KATE

The lights were burning bright.

Green, yellow, red, everything were shot to every single spots in the room. People were dancing around, the beat of the drums roaring into the air.

I was jumping, along with Sasha which happened to be a lovely lovely girl, enjoying Niall's band performing some old songs. Harry's voice hitting the right notes perfectly as Niall's guitar solo came on. I stopped whatever i was doing to cheer for Niall. We made some eye contacts for a few times tonight, and it followed with a smile from him. When the first time i saw him holding that guitar, i knew he belong there. On stage. With the lads. I smiled to myself.

"How did you guys meet?" Sasha said almost yelling.

"We're actually live in the same building." i said.

"What?" Sasha said, raising her voice. The music's too loud.

"We're neighbours." i said.

She nodded, "That sounds fun, you get to see him whenever you want!"

"No, not really! We still have to make a plan to hang out. He's a busy man." i said.

"With the band, right?" she said.

I nodded, "What about you?"

She stopped jumping and pulled me into the bar. "What? What about me?" Then, she ordered a mango juice. She asked me what i want and i want nothing but a glass of mineral water.

"You and Liam." i said, bringing back the conversation.

"Oh! Nothing much."

"I mean, where did you guys meet?" i asked her.

"We bumped into each other, accidentally." she said. "He seemed to be in a hurry but he helped me to get up and it all went down from there." i smiled in response.

"Thankyou!" Harry voice boomed. My head snapped to the stage. "Now, we're gonna slow things a bit." he said then added a smile. Even from here you could see his dimples planted on his face.

"And my friend here, Payno, is going to take over my spot." Harry pointed to Liam, and Liam got off from his seat, going beside where Harry was standing. "How are you feeling, mate?"

"Quite good, yeah. It has been a nice evening." Liam flashed a smile.

"Love the people here aren't we lads?" I saw Niall and Louis nodding.

"There's a particular reason why Liam's taking my spot today. He's gonna sing a song." Harry cheered. "The stage is yours!" Harry gave his microphone to Liam and the other boys went backstage. I was kind of confused for a moment until Liam said, "This is for you, and you know who you are."

Sasha looked at me and I immediately took her wrist and dragged her to the front of the stage. I knew Liam was going to sing a song for her.

"This is, Hey Angel." Liam smiled and started to play the piano. Sasha, on the other hand, was blushing. She even put her hand to her mouth.

I catched a glimpse of a blonde streak, peeking through the curtain behind Liam. I excused myself from Sasha, telling her i'll be back in a minute. I rushed over to the side of the stage.

"Hey." i said.

"Come backstage." he half-whispered and pointing to the right corner of the room, there was a door and i supposed it was the backstage door.

I went through a dark and short hallway, it wasn't really dark though there was a light.

"Kate!" Niall called.