thirteen

I just finished reading Playlist for The Dead by Michelle Falkoff, and it gave me an idea for my gift. Unlike Hayden, that gives Sam a playlist of songs and a sucide note. I was planning to give Niall a playlist too. That's my present, that's only it. It's nothing special, i know... but i couldn't think of anything that's... special. You know...

"God damn it, he's gonna judge my taste in music." i muttered.

"Hope... he likes this." I sighed deeply.

I huffed, "Tomorrow Kate, tomorrow."

"Love talking to myself." i said.

Why am i like this?

Anyway... i went to look for a job today! How nice of me! Go me!

Sadly i didn't find a job that i really want. Boo me!

I grabbed my laptop and started to put the songs and burn a CD. I gotta say i was so nervous about this.. Niall loved music, it's in his blood. And you can tell a lot of a person just by their taste in music.

Niall was into pop, rock or jazz i guess? And he was straight forward, he wasn't afraid to show his emotions.. to open up to new people. He's warm, he's carefree. He's funny without being rude, he loved making people smile, he had this amazing vibes that makes you feel comfortable being with him. That's what i like about Niall.. he's him. I never thought it would be hard to describe Niall, really.

I decided to write him a birthday letter (It Seems Like An Essay because God Damn I wrote A Lot). I sighed, taking few sips of my strawberry tea.

Grabbing a small box from my room, i put the CD in it and wrapped it. "Here goes nothing."

It was Saturday and i was having a day off. I think i knew what to do today.

That's right folk, sleep. WEEEE!

---

"Fucktard." i cursed.

My alarm woke me up. I looked at the clock and it said 11:34 AM. 14 hours of sleep. Nice! I got up from bed and started making breakfast. Still have that Mac n Cheese leftover. Blessed.

Oh yah! It was Niall's birthday! I wanted to make him some birthday breakfast, but i didnt know if he's awake or no. I'll go for it anyway though. Ha.

Bacon, sunny side eggs, mac and cheese, pancake and a good cup of coffee.. such a nice friend i am. He better liked this.
The only problem i had was to bring these foods upstairs. God damn. Things i do for you Niall.

I slowly organized some of the foods on the tray, went up, and put them in front of his door. (Don't worry i won't get locked this time) Then i came back to my room to bring the rest. I accidently spilled a bit of the coffee and i almost tripped, thank God i didn't. I was okay though.
I knocked on Niall's door few times, but he didn't answer.

"Niall, please open the door." i said, and knock some more.

"Niall!" i almost yelled. A few seconds later the door was opened and there goes Niall with nothing but short pants.

Messy.. messy wild hair.. sleepy red eyes, red nose..

"Niall." i said.

"It's 11..." he said with a deep raspy voice, and he rubbed his eyes.

"Were you drunk last night?" i asked him while he leaned to the door frame.

He sniffled and said, "No.. i was too sick to go out."

"Why..." he yawned, "why you're here?" his eyes starting to fully open.

"Go put on some clothes first.." i said. He didn't do anything but turned around. I grabbed my trays and put it on his dining table. Niall came up to me while he was putting on a blue sweater.