Clarus

"You think I can't fight because I'm a woman!" I snapped as I glared at Clarus.

"Darling, I don't think you can fight because you're in a wedding dress. To be fair I don't think Regis could fight in a wedding dress." He said calmly.

"Maybe not, but I would be a radiant bride." Regis said with a smirk.

"Why do I put up with you again?" Clarus asked as he let out a sigh.

"Because you're marrying my baby sister."

"I'm not a baby!" I snapped.

"You will always be a baby to me.... to think five years ago you both were acting like you hated each other." Regis said with a sigh.

Flashback

"Any chance that breakfast is for me?" I asked as I set in front of my brother.

"It's for Clarus. I'm planning on making some bad choices and I need him on my side."

"I never realized the forethought that went into being a disappointment."

"I'm not that bad!"

"Who isn't that bad?" A voice asked.

I turned and let out a groan as Clarus walked in.

"Satan has arrived."

"I didn't know you had left." Clarus said as he walked up to me.

"I hate you with every inch of my being."

"Well that's a bit of inches."

"You would know, wouldn't you?" I asked as I looked down.

"Regis...."

"Yes?" My brother asked calmly.

"I'm going to kill your sister."

"Nope, I need her in case I die."

"Why?"

"I have no heir! She has to become queen of I die."

"That ain't helping."

"I'm heading out, have fun." I said as I turned and left the house.

After working for most of the day it was time for me to return home. I decided to take a short cut to the castle and walked through an alley way. Before I knew it though I was hit over the back of the head. When I came to I was tied to a chair.

"Where am I?" I asked with a groan.

"You're our guest." A masked man said calmly.

"Do you know who I am? Let go of me now or I'll-" I stopped talking when I tried to make fire but couldn't.

"Afraid that little gem around your neck stops your powers." He said with a chuckle.

"What do you want?"

"Clarus Amicita. Tell us everything you know about him."

"Let's see, he's an asshole.... hates my guts. My brothers best friend..."

"Tell us about his family."

"Family? He doesn't have any besides my brother."

He put a blade to my neck and I held my breath.

"Tell us about his children."

"I'd rather die." I said sternly.

"You hate him though."

"Okay let's get one thing clear, I don't hate Clarus. Yea I give him hell, but he's my brothers best friend and shield.... I trust that man more than I trust myself. And if you think for one second that I would put his children in harms way, you're dead wrong. I love those children, and I'll never allow harm to come to them." I growled out.

"Not even to save your own life?" Another man asked.

"Not even my own life." I said calmly.

"What if we swear not to harm them, but to only harm Clarus?"

"Go to hell."

"There has to be more, you can be willing to die for just one man? What of your brother?"

"I'm not firing for one man. I'm dying for a man I respect and..... love." I said softly.

"I fuckin knew it!" A voice exclaimed.

My eyes went wide and I turned my head to see Cid. Cor quickly grabbed him and dragged him out of the room.

"Seriously! Cid you swore to not say anything" A voice yelled.

"Regis? Oh you asshole!" I yelled as I glared at my brother.

"In my defense, I was trying to prove that you didn't hate Clarus."

Titus removed his mask and let out a sigh.

"Sorry, he ordered me to."

"Titus.... if you're smart. You will leave these bounds on me... because if you don't... I'm going to kill my brother." I growled out.

He cut me lose and I saw Regis' eyes go wide.

"Um... Clarus you're suppose to my shield you can't let my sister kill me." He said quickly.

I froze up and turned my head to see Clarus remove his own mask. His eyes were locked on me and I instantly stopped breathing.

"I'm going home." I said as I pushed past Regis.

I heard running and continued to walk. Before I could make it to my car though a hand grabbed me and I was spun around.

"What do you-"

I was cut off by Clarus pressing his lips against mine. I let out a sigh and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer.

"I love you too." He said softly.

End flashback

"I'm still pissed about being tied up and threatened." I said angrily.

"In all honesty, I didn't think Titus would go so far." Regis said calmly.

"Sure you didn't." I said as I crossed my arms over my chest.