Don't fall in love lol|Mammon

Genre:angst

Loving the avatar of greed was hard, but apparently he thought loving you was harder
______________________________________

I hate you, couldn't get you off my mind.

Getting into a relationship with Mammon was one of the best decisions you made in a long while. He was always there for you, checking up on you. Though he had his flaws being possessive and greedy, it made him, him. You wouldn't have him any other way. He was constantly all you thought about, which looking back on was probably very toxic for you to do. Puppy love some would call it but not you. What you felt for Mammon was 100% authentic, and you were positive he felt the same.

I loved you even though you only loved me sometimes.

Getting into a relationship with Mammon was something you were beginning to regret. He would go out, leaving you to wonder where he was at. You would smell a perfume that you knew for a fact wasn't yours. He would leave you to clean up the messes he made, then he would have the audacity to ask for money. Though, you considered these things rough patches. When he would get home he would treat you with so much love, it made you feel guilty for thinking that he was hiding something from you. Kind of like the calm before the storm.

Watched as her texts, they got longer than mine. Thought I loved you, even though you only loved me sometimes.

You watched as Mammon smirked at his phone. You frowned, this date was something you were looking forward to, and he hasn't even looked at you once. It was embarrassing, here you are sitting across the table from your boyfriend and he can't even have a conversation with you.

"Who's that?" You question. His eyes meet yours for the first time tonight. He shrugs he shoulders and looks back down at his phone.

"Nobody." You doubted that statement.

"Well can you tell nobody to stop hogging my boyfriend." That was your attempt to ease the tension. He runs a hand through his hair. Almost as if he was getting upset.

"Can't you just-" He's cut off by his phone going off for the fiftieth time tonight. You watch as his eyes widened. "I have ta go." He says suddenly, quickly standing up his chair almost falling down in the process.

"What?" You were speechless.

"Yeah, somethin' came up. He slips his phone into his pocket and starts to walk away. You watch as he takes his leave. Something wet rolls down your cheek. You were crying. Why did you take this treatment? You deserve better.

"Asshole." You sob.

______________________________________

2 hours later

You finally made your way back to the house of Lamentation. Your whole body ached, though the amount of alcohol that you consumed did a good job to ease that ache. Though your heartache was a completely different story. You made your way towards Mammon and your shared room. Peeking in from the doorway, you saw that he was already sound asleep in bed. Seeing him made you feel sick. With a sigh, you step in the room. Quietly you shut the door, careful not to wake Mammon.

Buzz Buzz. You looked over at the nightstand where Mammon's phone laid dormant. You had to check it, after the way he has been acting. If he was cheating, you wanted to know. No matter how heartbreaking it may be. Tiptoeing to the nightstand, you pick up the gold encased phone.

Babe: Had fun tonight ;) glad we got to spend some quality time together. When you finally end things with that human lmk I'll make sure to reward you tenfold. ;) I love you.

In a fit of rage you almost found yourself slamming the device down. You gave this demon all of you and this is how he repays you? After all you've done? You felt as though your heart was literally breaking into pieces. You deserved better, way better.

That night, you left without a trace. The only thing left was a note you left on the nightstand.

-Fell head over heels, felt so ridiculous. Forgot to feel guess you were infamous. Breaking the rules and doing the same with my heart. You could shake me and break me I'm holding on barely. Hate me, replace me I'll still find it scary. If I were to find someone new... And still fall asleep to the thought of you. - Y/n

You still love Mammon. Did he love you? That's the question. You've come to peace that you weren't what he wanted, but there is still a little bit of hope, that you were what he longed for and desired once.

______________________________________

Omg wait I updated

???????????????????

And it's literally horrible and short ew. (what else is new?)

I have so much writers block that it isn't even funny.

But, I do hope you enjoyed this update. I really want to start updating regularly, school just kicks my booty sometimes.

Anyways, it feels good to talk to you all again! I hope you guys are doing well!

Thanks for reading! :)

Also the song I used was- Don't fall in love lol (the title lmao) by Tate McRae