𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕, 𝐓𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧

Sleekwhisker lashed her tail. "You said you didn't like Darktail!" 

Violetshine stared back at the she-cat, words drying on her tongue. Was this brutally loyal rogue still a clan cat at heart? Would she be risking everything if she told Sleekwhisker the truth?

"I- er, well, I can explain-" 

"Violetshine!" Darktail yowled across the clearing. "Where are you?" 

Limp with relief, Violetshine dipped her head to the sand-colored she-cat. "Got to run. Sorry!" She leaped to her paws and dashed to Darktail.

"I'm here!" She mewed as she neared. 

"Good." Darktail meowed. He liked knowing his mate was safe. "Nettle! Roach! Yarrowleaf! Loki!" Go hunting by the WindClan border." He ordered. "Raven! Take Needletail and Zelda hunting by the ThunderClan border." 

Violetshine's breath caught in her throat. I hope Twigpaw is okay! 

The rogue leader fixed his blue eyes on her. She stiffened. Had she done something wrong? His gaze seemed to soften, and he led her to the prey pile. "Let's choose some prey."

The last thing Violetshine wanted to do was eat, but she dipped her head and chose a fat rabbit anyway. They settled by Darktail's den, and she took a bite of the rabbit's rump. Darktail took a bite too, and chewing, he meowed, "I want you to move into my den." 

Violetshine felt the rabbit stuck in her throat. Sharing a den with Darktail? Oh StarClan no!

"Er, okay." She mumbled, there was no way she was risking this. The clans were counting on her! 

He glared at Spikefur. "Go collect fresh moss for bedding." He ordered. Violetshine stared at him in dismay as Spikefur rose to his paws and padded out of camp. "I can just bring my old nest." She mewed quickly, casting a glance at the brown tom.

Darktail purred, making Violetshine want to shudder. "No, no. You should have the best bedding of all the cats. And you're not sleeping in a different nest, you're sleeping in my nest."

The black and white she-cat didn't know what to say.

Sleeping in the same den as Darktail is bad enough, but sharing a nest with him? Oh StarClan..