𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑, 𝐁𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬..?

Violetshine could hear her loud panting. Darktail had Sleekwhisker pinned to the ground. His long claws were unsheathed, his paw lifted to swing. "This was never your fight." Sleekwhisker rasped. Darktail curled his lip. "You attacked my mate!

The black and white tom lifted his paw higher, ready to strike. "I don't want to kill you, but you basically give me no choice. Before he could do anything. Violetshine yowled, "No!" Her golden eyes were wide with dismay. "Don't kill her."

Darktail stared at the she-cat with surprise, but let Sleekwhisker go. Violetshine felt a little dizzy in her stomach as she stared at Darktail. She ignored the feeling, and stared at Sleekwhisker. "Why did you even attack me?"

Sleekwhisker stood up and lashed her tail. "You are so clueless, Violetshine." She meowed and then padded away. 

Still stunned, Violetshine cast a glance at Darktail. He was staring at her, his blue eyes thoughtful. 

The black and white she-cat just shrugged and padded back to camp. 

Later that day, she was enjoying a shrew with Needletail. She couldn't stop thinking about what had happened. Not just that, but that feeling in her stomach. It wasn't a bad feeling, but it sure was unusual. The only thought that would fully process in her mind right now was, ' Darktail would go long measures just to protect me. ' 

She wasn't sure how she felt about that. 

Did Darktail really love her?