𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒, 𝐀 𝐋𝐢𝐞, 𝐚 𝐋𝐢𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡?!

Violetshine was padding to her meeting spot with Twigpaw. She hadn't seen her sister in a half-moon, and was hoping she'd still come, despite Sleekwhisker's secret reveal. 

"Please, Twigpaw." Violetshine begged. "Please come!" 

"Of course I'd come." A voice behind her mewed. "You have a lot of explaining to do, and I'm here for it." 

"Twigpaw!" Joy burst into Violetshine as she turned around. She leaned in to touch muzzles, but Twigpaw flinched back, making Violetshine wince. Twigpaw sat down and curled her tail neatly around her paws. "So." 

Violetshine sat down. "I only agreed to be mates with Darktail to help the clans! He basically does whatever I tell him." A half-moon ago, what Violetshine was saying would've been 100% true, but now, it's about 80%. 

Twigpaw's green eyes lit up with understanding. "Oh! Understood. Well I must go now. Nice meeting you, Violetshine." Twigpaw brushed her muzzle against her sister's, and padded away. Violetshine's pelt wormed with suspicion. Why had Twigpaw left so suddenly? Was she hiding something from her?" 

When Violetshine went back to camp, and Darktail's blue eyes were cold as he saw her. "Can I speak to you, Violetshine? Privately?" His words seemed to be spat out.

Uh oh. Violetshine thought. This can't be good.

"What's up?" She asked as they entered their den. Darktail swung around, his ice-cold eyes filled with fury. But deep down, Violetshine saw hurt. "I heard you talking to Twigpaw! Is it true?" 

Violetshine's stomach churned. What do I say now? 

"I- of course it's not." She meowed, barely stopping her mew from shaking. 

Darktail's rough voice was taut with pain. "Then why don't I believe you? I gave you everything, Violetshine. I did everything I could to make you happy. Is this your thank you? Is this-" He unsheathed his claws and Violetshine flinched. 

Darktail seemed to calm down, sheathing his claws. He suddenly flopped down, his ears flat. He turned his back on her. "Get out of my den." He growled. 

Violetshine was trembling, but she held her ground. "No."

Darktail turned around to look at her. "No? NO?" There was amusement in his mew. "Wow. And what can you say to make me feel better. Nothing." 

Violetshine slowly padded up to him and sat down. "Darktail." She started softly. "Not everything I said I meant." 

When the black and white tom didn't answer, Violetshine continued. "I- I didn't want Twigpaw to be upset. She's my sister. Remember?" 

Darktail looked up and curled his lip. "This doesn't make me feel any better. So get out." 

Violetshine needed to be fiercer. "No. I already said no." She hissed. Darktail leaped to his paws. "This is my camp!" He yowled. "What I say goes! So get out!" Violetshine glared at him, "No!"

Darktail unsheathed his claws once again. "Why not?!" 

"Because I love you!" 

...