𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐, 𝐒𝐮𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧

Violetpaw froze. 

Turning around slowly, she dipped her head. "Greetings, Darktail." The leader of the kin had curled his bushy tail neatly around his paws and sat down. Darktail looked at her, his gaze unreadable, and Violetpaw suppressed a whimper of terror. "How are you today, Violetpaw?" Darktail finally meowed. 

Violetpaw's mind whirled. How am I? Why would he ask me that? 

"I'm doing perfectly fine, what about you?" She replied smoothly. Darktail flicked his tail nonchalantly. "I'm okay, I suppose." He answered. Darktail seems off... Violetpaw thought. "I know you didn't come here to talk to me about my mood." She blabbed. Quickly, she covered her mouth with her tail, embarrassed. The black and white tom raised an eyebrow, impressed by her observations. "You're right." He meowed. "What do you think I came here to tell you?"

Violetpaw felt the vole she just ate come back up her throat. (ew- haha) "I-I'm not in trouble, right?" She managed to get out. Darktail simply shook his head. "No, of course not! I would never  punish a loyal campmate like you..." The tom's gaze went dark. "You are 100% loyal to the kin, right, Violetpaw?" 

The black and white she-cat froze. "Yes! Of course! I would never ever betray you!" She mewed too fast. Darktail's eyes narrowed with suspicion but then he shook out his fur and purred. His purr made Violetpaw secretly shudder with fear. "I knew I could trust you." He murmured. "Ever since I met you, I have always felt like we have a special bond." 

Eyes narrowed in a question, Violetpaw mewed, "Er..so what did you come here to talk to me about? Spit it out!" 

Darktail stared into her purple eyes. "Well, Violetpaw, if you really want to know, we should talk about it somewhere else. Maybe at the lake?" He suggested. Violetpaw stared at him in horror. Is he going to kill me? She thought, terrified. The tom stood up. "But before that, I have something to announce." 

Leaping onto the great rock, he gazed at his cats. "All cats of the kin, gather under this rock! I have an announcement to make!" He yowled. Before Violetpaw could move a fox-length, cats were crawling out of their dens and padding towards Darktail. Her pelt pricked with curiousity. What's Darktail up to now? She wondered. Looking up at him, she noticed that he was staring at her, their gazes locked together. Whimpering softly, she looked away. Darktail was staring at me! Panic surged through her chest. 

What happens now?