𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓, 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐬

Violetshine's mind whirled. What did I just say? 

Darktail also seemed to be frozen. Violetshine scrambled for words. Did I really mean what I said? 

Violetshine flattened her ears and back out of the den. As she turned around, she realized almost every cat was staring at her, murmuring. Needletail padded to her side. "What was that all about?" 

Violetshine looked away. "I- I need some air." She bolted from the camp, ignoring the brambles that whipped at her fur. She stopped running, coming to a halt at a clearing. She sat down, and sighed, clearing her mind.

After a bit, she returned to camp. Padding to Needletail's side, she wondered, "Has Darktail been out of his den since I left?" 

The silver she-cat's bold green eyes were shining with interest. "No, not yet." 

Violetshine took a deep breath. "Thanks." Violetshine was just about to pad away until Needletail stopped her from leaving. "Wait." Violetshine turned around. "What?"

"Every cat heard you and Darktail yowling. Not what you said, but just yowling." Needletail informed her friend. Violetshine sighed. "Of course  they did. ThunderClan probably did." 

Needletail stiffled a mrrow of amusement. "Off you go." 

Violetshine entered Darktail's den to see him curled up in a ball. At first she thought he might've been sleeping, but soon realized his eyes were open. 

"I'm sorry." Violetshine started, but Darktail just shook his head. "Violetshine, do you really love me? Or did you just say that to make me feel better? I've never met a cat like you. You mess with my emotions to the point where I'm not a fearless leader anymore." 

Guilt tugged at Violetshine's heart. She hadn't considered Darktail's feelings at all. He must've been defeated when he'd found out she was just pumping him for information.

"I- I meant it. But I don't know what to do now... Twigpaw.." Violetshine stammered. 

Darktail's eyes glistened with hope. Violetshine sighed inwardly. Darktail needs me to help him.

Suddenly, the large tomcat sat upright, his shoulders broadening. His gaze sharpened once again. He padded out of the den confidently. Violetshine stared at him in dismay. 

Darktail had changed so fast. 

Did he really need her help... or was it all just pretend?