𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎, 𝐀 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐬..

Darktail gathered The Kin around him once again, and yowled, "A change of plans! We will be attacking RiverClan." Hushed murmurs spread around the group. "What made him change his mind?" Violetshine heard Raven say to Spikefur. 

"Do you know what happened?" Roach muttered in her ear. Violetshine felt her back fur prickle up her spine. She ignored him, unsure what to say. 

After the meeting and many suspicious glances, Violetshine set towards ThunderClan. She hadn't seen Twigpaw in what had felt like forever.

"Twigpaw?" Violetshine whispered. Her amber eyes widened with joy as she met her sister's green gaze. "Violetpaw!" Twigpaw exclaimed. Violetshine weaved around her sister, purring. "I'm Violetshine now." Twigpaw's eyes widened. "Congratulations!"

Twigpaw suddenly stiffened, her silver fur standing on end. "Someone's here." She breathed. Violetshine froze, her gaze narrowing to slits. She saw tan fur streak past her, barely visible through the bramble. 

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Violetshine and her little apprentice sister Sprigpaw." 

The black and white she-cat immediately knew who it was. "Sleekwhisker, what are you doing here?" Violetshine growled.

"I could ask you the same thing." Sleekwhisker replied smoothly. She glared at the grey she-cat. "Why are you with Sprigpaw?"

Twigpaw's eyes were bright with shock and anger. "It's Twigpaw!" 

Sleekwhisker flicked her tail. "Whatever. Does Darktail know you're here?" Her green eyes glowed mischievously. 

Violetshine curled her lip. "Even if he did, he wouldn't care!" 

Twigpaw stared at her sister with round eyes. "Why not?" She asked. Violetshine's mouth dried. She had forgotten Twigpaw didn't know they were mates! For the sake of the clans, of course.

Sleekwhisker smirked. "So, little Branchpaw doesn't know.."

"It's Twigpaw!" Violetshine's sister meowed indignantly. "And what do I not know?"

Violetshine fought back panic. How could she tell Twigpaw she was Darktail's mate, but only for the clans without Sleekwhisker hearing? But if Sleekwhisker just told her, Twigpaw would think she's a traitor! Her mind whirled. 

What do I do...